Hotwire Hotel: 3* Saratoga Springs-Malta Best Western Park Inn

drjbo3
By drjbo3,
in

OK, So I decided to try to add additional nights prior to my Downtowner reservation, however the only room available was for $159. I could stay at the Hilton for that...so I am willing to try another selection. Used the HOTWIRE link on this site, but only two hotels were available....a 3 star and a 2 star but the 2 star did not come up when requesting a room for 3 adults. The 2 star amenities were "pool" and "spa", which are the same amenities listed for the Grand Union Motel on the Standard Rates tab. Since I may be sharing a room with my sister-in-law that evening, I thought it would be safer to opt for the 3* that had accommodations for 3 adults. I was sure I would wind up in Malta....but decided I could cope for one night. Surprisingly, it was for the Best Western Park Inn in Saratoga!

Interestingly, the only amenities listed were

Business Center

Hi Speed Internet

However, when you check their website, they also do off a "full" breakfast and an exercise facility.

Most of the negative reviews for the hotel on the HOTWIRE site was from folks who don't understand you can't be guaranteed two beds unless you request a room for 4 adults. Also, you can't be sure you will get a non-smoking room. Sometimes you can make nice with the reception person to get a special request...but sometimes they really just can't accommodate you. I bring a pocket sized fabreeze with me just in case.

This is a busy weekend in Saratoga with our conference and Skidmore's Family Celebration weekend, so I am quite happy with the result, although rooms would likely be less expensive when the town is not as busy. Happy to be add another hotel to the Hotwire list. ;-)

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see this worked out even better then you expected and that you're pleased with the results during this busy time of year in the area.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and for sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Update and Review.

My hotel stay at the Best Western was very pleasant. My room, since I had requested one for 3 adults, had 2 nice comfy beds. There was a small round table with two chairs that could double as a desk. My room had a small coffee maker, microwave and a bar sized refrigerator. The entire hotel is non-smoking now and they even have a fitness center which looked nice, but I didn't use it. This was not list as an amenity. They had a decent breakfast selection, hot and cold cereal, eggs (or a facsimile) and sausage, fresh fruit, the usual carb assortment, good OJ, apple juice and weak coffee. The best part was the make your own waffle station. The entire facility looked spotless and the staff was very nice despite their having had a bad computer day. Wireless is FREE but my wireless connection was weak in my room, but the desk provided me with a short CAT cord. If you like to work in bed, you can plan ahead and bring a longer one with you. The only negative is that it is a distance from downtown Saratoga Springs, so you will have to get into your car to go there. For this stay it was not an issue. I would certainly stay here again given the opportunity.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]