Priceline Hotel: 4* London (The City-London Bridge) Mercure London Bankside

thegizzywiz
By thegizzywiz,
in

This property has not yet been reported to the board, and these amenities are common to the area, but my guess would be the Mercure London City Bankside hotel.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello Everyone,

I found a "mystery" supersaver 4* hotel in London for Oct1-2 for $47 ($65net). I've never seen this before, where the amenities AND location and customer reviews are secret but at a substantial savings. I took the chance and jumped on it, but unfortunately, the room was gone before I could book it.

Does anyone know what hotel this could have been? Has anyone had any experience with these "mystery" Hotwire rooms? Again, I've never seen this before and would like to know how often these super savings show up. It might be worth the gamble!

Thanks!

I noticed these mystery listings during a few searches a couple of months ago, but haven't seen them since. Without any amenities showing or other information given, there's really no way to narrow down which hotel it may be - and that's the trade-off for the possibility of even larger than normal discounts.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Sorry to hear the hotel was no longer available. Sometimes offers reappear again after a day or two, so keep an eye out on HOTWIRE and let us know if this, or another offer of interest, appears.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your reply. It's down to $89 but I'm just wary of the 3* rating, even with the tripadvisor rating of 4. It's also possible that it could in the outermost borders of the "the city-towerbridge" area which would not be as desirable as the Mercure Bankside. I've looked at the possible hotels in the area by reviewing Tripadvisor and the map, and it looks like most if not all the hotels in this area get good reviews. I'll keep you posted if I decide to jump on this.

I ended up bidding on PRICELINE (via BB link). Started with $100 for Nottinghill/Bayswater. Denied. Added The City/London bridge with $90. Denied. Then lastly added Mayfair/Soho @$105. Got the Mercure Bankside! This is what I wanted in the first place! Saved almost $70 from Hotwire standard rate (after taxes/fees). Thanks for all your input. We'll never know what the 3* is unless someone takes it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]