Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (Downtown-Soho-Financial District) Millennium Hilton

Crispin
By Crispin,
in

I've been trying the last few days to find anything in the 3.5* to 4* range for $150-200 but keep coming up empty on the night of 9/26-9/27. Is this a particularly busy night in the city? I need to get to Newark in the AM so I'm looking to stay near a PATH train or west side preferably. Thanks in advance for any tips!

I do have some suggestions, but as AaronJB mentions above, would need to know which zones, star rating and bid amounts you have already tried.

Also, note that PATH to EWR via mass transit can be looong... if you do choose this option i would at the very least take a taxi from Newark Penn Station to the airport.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the replies. I'm not too picky about the zone though I'd prefer to stick with the west side; 2,3,5,6,7,9,11,13 would all be fine I think. I'm trying to stay with 3.5* or above if possible (a good 3* would be OK too). I've tried up to $175 for a 3.5* within most of these zones already with no luck.

I know the PATH system fairly well and since I'm traveling light though it might be OK. There's that shuttle bus for $15 too that leaves from Times Square. My flights not until the afternoon so it won't be a huge rush in the AM.

I'd very much appreciate any tips! Thanks! :)

Please the zone names and not numbers as the zone order will change if/when PRICELINE adds new zones or re-names a current zones. As well, it helps avoid any confusion as i know off the top of my head what MTW, ESB, TS, etc, etc, are... i have no idea what zone9 or zone11 represent.

What about staying in Jersey City-Hoboken for the nite... you can get a 4* hotel for prices about what you have already bid, are pretty much assured easy PATH access, or can take a local taxi service straight to EWR for ~$25.

Thoughts?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK, I guess the zone names would be Chelsea, Downtown, ESB, HK, MSG, MTW, TS, and UWS. Any of those would work for me. I'd rather not stay in NJ because I'm planning to meet a friend in the AM in Manhattan. I could push my $ limit a bit if needed to score a nice hotel. Any suggestions? Thanks!

UPDATE:

Just landed the Millennium Hilton (Downtown) for $150 on my first try today. Something must've kicked in this morning because I'd bid on that exact same zone up to $200 for the last few days. It gets fairly good reviews and I'm sure it'll be fine for a one-night business stay. $150 for a 4* anywhere in Manhattan is pretty much a steal so I can't complain.

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like a very nice deal... especially given your plans. The PATH train is extremely close to this hotel and a direct shot to Newark Penn Station (no transfer as would have been the case if you stayed in midtown)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]