Priceline Hotel: 3* Memphis (Downtown) Marriott

STLtraveler
By STLtraveler,
in

Planning on heading to Memphis for 2 nights from 6/18 to 6/20. I want to stay in the downtown area and see that the 2 hotels that people have received through priceline are the Radisson and Marriot. I greatly prefer the Radisson over the Marriot (mainly because of location). Is there a way to determine which one Priceline is offering me when bidding?

I am new to Priceline/Hotwire bidding.

Thank you.

Driving in. Those days are pretty firm. Either 6/18 to 6/20 or 6/17 to 6/19. I just saw that the trolley goes right by the marriott, so either hotel would work great for us. As soon as I get the "go-ahead" from my girlfriend then I'll try it out and post my results.

What price should I go in at? How high in increments should I go up at a time?

Let us know when you get permission, i mean the 'go ahead', from your girlfriend :)

(sorry, it's been a rough few days and i needed the laugh)

Strategies may differ depending upon the actual dates you choose, and rates can change between now and when you are ready to bid... to avoid duplicating our efforts let us know when your plans and dates are firm and we'll suggest a strategy at that time.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

$100. I'm not sure what is reasonable though. The best price I found on the Marriott and Radisson is $170 per night and $161 per night, respectively.

Obviously, the lower the better. I would be extremely happy to pay about $75 per night.

Your thoughts?

Is there a fee (other than taxes) on top of my accepted bid?

At the 3* level you have three re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

Select 3* Downtown...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Downtown and re-bid zone3...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $75.

Give the above a shot and we'll take it from there.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Okay...all I have to say is that you and this site are awesome!!!! I got the Marriott for $65/night by using your method below.

I will post my results and your method under Tennessee/Priceline.

Thank you, thank you, thank you....

btw...I went through savingsbarn.com my first go-around, but forgot to my 2nd time when I hit got the bid. I will make sure to do so for future bids. I was concentrating too hard on not messing up.

First time using Priceline and I couldn't of asked for more out of it or this wonderful website.

Here's how it went:

Bid $50 for downtown....rejected

Added another zone with no 3* pluses

Rebid $55...rejected

Added another zone with no 3* pluses

Rebid $60...rejected

Closed out of priceline.

Bid $65 for downtown and another zone

ACCEPTED

Your Offer Price: $65.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $130.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$29.49

Total Charges: $159.49

****best rate for this place over this weekend on most other travel sites: $179/night (before taxes)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]