Priceline Hotel: 4* Atlanta (Downtown) Hilton

Puchica
By Puchica,
in

I'm not familiar with the area, but on the Priceline Atlanta map the three closest zones are:

6 Galleria Area

13 Marietta

18 Perimeter

Currently, only the Galleria Area and Perimeter have 4* hotels available for bidding

You can zoom in on this map and get clear down to street names.

Usually if you enter something like "galleria area" in the Quick Search box at the top of this page, you can see if there are any other reported winning bids. In this case none have been reported for that name in Atlanta. There are some reports for that name in Houston. Priceline does show one can bid at the 4* level there, so there is something available - just no reports here yet. If you search on "perimeter" that will show you lots of results though.

If you look at the first post in this Priceline - Georgia area, you will find lists of reported hotels for each city. The ones for which you are looking will be within the Atlanta area. Other zones in which 4*s have been reported also might work for you.

When you've determined the zones you'd like to bid, please post back with your dates and an idea of your maximum bid, and somebody will give you further help as needed.

Romelle

You haven't mentioned your dates yet? If you posted them, it would help us help you. Rates are very date specific. And sometimes there are problem dates that can make the bidding more complicated.

At the 4* level there are so many free rebid zones that this should be very easy for you. If you would like your list of the free rebid zones double-checked, post back here.

To get an idea of what your max bid might have to be, put Atlanta and your dates in the Hotwire area up in the upper left hand corner. Hotwire tends to be a little more expensive than Priceline, but it is useful in defining how high you might need to go with Priceline (since you can always use Hotwire if your Priceline bids get too close to the Hotwire level).

Essentially, you just start with one of the zones you like and a bid at the low end of that range you mentioned. If unsuccessful, add another of your desired zones and raise your bid a bit. When you've used up all the zones you want, you can keep bidding by adding the free rebid zones in one at a time as you continue to raise your bid.

I lost count, but I think there were 13 free rebid zones. You could start at $37 just to make sure you weren't missing something, increment by $3 for the first 11 bids, then by $2 for the remaining ones. You'd have explored the whole possible range in one day.

FYI - Priceline currently doesn't have any 4* bidding available for Marietta.

Romelle

Entered a bid of $50...got the recommended $63 to get a room. Saw that someone booked in the same area in August for $55, so I added Marrieta(no 4* available) and bid $55. Ended up with the Hilton Downtown. Would have liked to get another hotel, but not too bad, considering my bids of $65 weren't getting accepted in the neighboring zones. So, I'll take it.

Congratulations on your success!

While perhaps not your first choice of hotel in the zone, glad to see that you can make this work fro your needs and that for the price paid, you're pleased with the outcome.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]