Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Toronto (Downtown East) Delta Chelsea

shadowspar
By shadowspar,
in

• 2 months later...

Sorry to clock this followup in so late, but: I don't know what other folks experiences are at this hotel, but the room I got was pretty rough. No working internet access at all (either wired or wireless); a huge water stain on the bathroom ceiling right above the toilet, and the whole floor looked extremely tired and ready for an overhaul. I know that some places like to give you the bottom-of-the-barrel rooms when booking through Hotwire, but I was really surprised to see things in this shape at a Delta property. I usually see much, much better from them.

Tonight we're staying at the Metropolitan on credit card reward points. Booked through their website, this room (1 queen) would have run $119+tax, and even at that price I would have taken this over the Delta. Much nicer property, equally good location, and (most importantly for a computer geek) working wifi. =)

Thanks for the follow-up and sorry to hear the hotel didn't meet your expectations.

Not sure if you did or not, but if you feel you're given a sub-par room (regardless of how you booked) you should try to speak to the front desk (and up the corporate line if necessary) to request a change to a room that is more suitable. Usually you can get some action if there are visitable/tangible things that are not to your satisfaction, such as the water stains, as opposed to 'the room feels tired'.

Hope your future results are more to your liking.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]