Priceline Hotel: 5* Bid Help - 10/12-10/16

jdubz
By jdubz,
in

Staying in Vegas 10/12-10/16. Did the maximum number of re-bids for 5* Strip North until I reached my last rejection at $175.

Is there an event during this time period that is driving up the cost?

Any other strategies I should try? I really prefer to stay in Strip North. If I bid on Strip South, what dollar amount should I start at?

Thanks in advance.

Rates are definitely on the higher side for these dates, unfortunately. What would be your desired max budget for the 5* North level before considering 5* South Strip?

Additionally, at the 5* level, a number of properties are cheaper for the first two nights of this period vs the second two nights of the period (for example, the Vdara is $159 for the first two nights regular rate, but $219/$229 the second two nights). Would you be willing to split your stay?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Would it help to wait until closer to the date?
It could... but rates could move even higher then they are currently. See the related 'Bid Early or Close to Check-in' link in our PRICELINE FAQ.
Do you have a guess on what a winning bid for the south strip would be?
It's tough to say given the rate change during the stay, but Expedia currently has a 20% off sale and has the Vdara for $192/nite (average) so you could use that as a maximum bid.

If this is acceptable, did you want to bid Strip North up to $200 first, then if rejected start over for Strip South up to $192... or would you goal be the least expensive 5* hotel in either zone up to $192?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]