Hotwire Hotel: 2* Bend Days Inn

tex winter
By tex winter,
in

Sorry, I forgot to use the links above to HOTWIRE this time.

Hotwire 2 star property with these amenities:

Free breakfast

Fitness

Pool

Laundry

High speed internet

Check in Sept 16 Check out Sept 18

Hotwire rate $80/night

Fees & taxes $25.50

Total $185.50

Via Days Inn website:

$84/night

Taxes $16.80

Total $184.80

I think I got taken by Hotwire because you book on Hotwire to save money. I am paying more overall to use Hotwire. I have contacted Hotwire to cancel, they refused. I talked to a supervisor, and he refused to help me. I have talked to people at Wyndham and they don't care. Any advice?

I think that Hotwire basing their guarantee on the room rate only allows them to manipulate what they charge for taxes and fees. Plus the savings listed on their website advertise up to 50% savings. This is less than 5%.

I saw a quote from Hotwire's CEO: If you really care about price, our prices are more discounted than the hotel's website itself.

Please advise me what I may do about this booking. This episode has left me never wanting to do business with Hotwire again. If you advice is I took a risk, bummer, I already realize that. As you can see from my posts here, I am not a Hotwire newby. I am just shocked at the paltry discount.

If this is how Hotwire is going to play the game, then I will never book with them again, and I am telling EVERYONE I know what a ripoff Hotwire is.

Sorry to see you're disappointed with the outcome.

I don't think there is much you can do in this situation. HOTWIRE does offer a Best Rate Guarantee, but it is based upon room rate only, so they are within the terms of their guarantee to not offer any refund.

Feel free to ask the board for help in the future and we can hopefully help you avoid, or minimize the risk of, similar situations.

Please try to remember the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]