Hotwire Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip North) Venetian

zazza
By zazza,
in

Hi, I'm looking at bidding for either 4 star or 5 star hotels on the strip for 9/23-9/26. I realize this is a particularly expensive weekend based on information found on these boards so I'm looking for help in pricing strategy that is realistic. Any insights that you can provide would be extremely helpful. Thanks so much!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking this PRICELINE link... then add a reply to this thread let us know if you're willing to pay more for a 5* vs. a 4* OR if your goal is the least expensive 4* or better for this stay. Also, do you have an expected budget in mind?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking this PRICELINE link... then add a reply to this thread let us know if you're willing to pay more for a 5* vs. a 4* OR if your goal is the least expensive 4* or better for this stay. Also, do you have an expected budget in mind?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks, I will be sure to use the link for my bidding. I would be willing to pay for a 5* than a 4*. Looking for some guidance on what are likely winning bids for those dates. For a 5* I would like to stay at $200 or less and for 4* I'm thinking $150 or less. Any guidance on appropriate bidding would be much appreciated. Thanks again.

Unfortunately, as you noted above, rates are very expensive on these dates. Would both North Strip and South Strip be acceptable? I think there is a chance you may be successful towards the higher end of your budget range at the 5* level in South Strip, but unfortunately, North strip is going to require a higher bid. Additionally, for a lot of hotels, the last night is much less expensive, so this may be a situation where you could look at splitting your stay between two properties if you have any interest. For example, there's a 5* North Strip property for $121 if you look at the last night only on HOTWIRE, but if you look at all three nights, the 5* North is $313.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you for the additional insight. Yes, both north and south strip would be ok. And I would definitely consider breaking up the stay between places if it makes sense to do so from a bidding point of view. Considering the high costs for the weekend, I was already thinking about staying near LAS on 9/25 since I have an early flight.

My guess, based upon current prices, is that:

• For the complete stay your budget will not be enough for a 5* hotel... it may be enough for a 4* (although a bit of a stretch).
  • For the weekend dates alone your budget will not be enough for a 5* hotel, and again, a 4* will be a bit of a reach but possible, although $160-$180 seems a bit more likely.
  • For just the solo Sunday nite, a 5* can be had for ~$125, but not sure if you're looking to head back towards LAX or not.

Based upon the above, what do you want to try first?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Based on all of the helpful info provided, I think my best bet is to first try for a 4* for 9/23-9/25.

Although, if possible, I'd like to know what your suggested bidding strategy would be for a 5* on those dates as well. This way if I decide to spend the extra money, I will have a jumping off point.

Thank you again for your help.

Just to confirm you're aware, PRICELINE's Strip South zone contains the Westin which is not directly on the strip, it's a short/moderate walk, but a hotel you'll need to be willing to accept if you bid the Strip South zone. Assuming this is acceptable (if not post back and we'll revise/discuss):

At the 4* level you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding. (NOTE: Summerlin is NOT a re-bid zone)

Select 4* Strip North...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Strip South...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Strip North and Strip South...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask. If rejected post back and we'll discuss further options and/or suggest a strategy for a 5* hotel if you decide to go that route.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

You might try looking at Hotwire. First, just one day at a time, and then all three and/or first two and last. It might give you some ideas as to how to handle this. Priceline tends to be a little less expensive than Hotwire, but tends to have similar patterns. Hotwire is a little more generous in its star rating.

Good idea on the airport for your last night. You'll see Hotwire has a 3* there for only $65.

Romelle

I'll be staying in Vegas 9/23-9/25 and yes the rates are outrageous, there is A LOT going on in Vegas that particular weekend, I know you can stay at the Circus Circus or

Stratosphere relatively cheap.

I notice for your dates on Hotwire, what appears to be TI is 170/nite (keep in mind their resort fee)

There is also a 3.5* that I can't identify for 189/nite

There is another 4* with smoke free rooms that I can't identify, maybe Westin?

Yes, I will increase my budget. Just not sure how high I have to go. I've checked hotwire as suggested as well.

I've decided to definitely stay near the airport on 9/25 so my dates are now 9/23-9/25. I'd probably go up to 180 or so for a 4* and would consider up to 240 for a 5*. Do you feel those ranges would have a chance at success? If you feel I'd have to go higher please let me know.

Happy to use the links provided! Thanks to everyone for your help and advice.

My guess is that $240 won't be enough for a 5* (perhaps the $260-$280 increases your chances, but i'd still start lower and gradually increase towards whatever amount you decide to set as your limit. A 4* at $180 seems like the higher probability of success between the two (if it does fall short only by $5-$10, i'm guessing)

Which would you like to try for first, and at what limit? (also i believe i mentioned above that if you decide to try for a 4* and include the Strip South zone, the Westin is a possibility, even though it's slightly off-strip)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Ok, i will try 5* with a max of 260..

As for the 4 *, I'd rather not pay 180 and end up at the Westin so if the 5* bid does not work then I will decide whether or not to include the south strip in my search... it's a tough call since I'd have no problem with the others on that list!

Thanks

If you're willing to accept both Strip North and Strip South at the 5* level, you have ELEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 5* Strip South...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 5* Strip North...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 5* Strip South...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone (any re-bid zone not included in first cycle above)...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 5* Strip North...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone (any re-bid zone not included in first cycle above)...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 5* Strip North and Strip South...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $230, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $235, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $240, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $245, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $250, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $255, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $260

Any questions feel free to ask.

Zaza,

For those dates I can get you the following prices if you're out of options:

New York New York: $544 for 3 nights plus tax and resort fee

Planet Hollywood: $641.40 for 3 nights plus tax and resort fee

Excalibur Widescreen room (free cancellation) $514 for 3 nights plus tax and resort fee

Riveria premier double room (free cancellation) $470 for 3 nights plus tax and resort fee

Stratosphere strip view guest room (free cancellation) $429.60 for 3 nights plus tax and resort fee

If you need some place even cheaper let me know. If you want any of those deals PM me. Those prices are for your specific dates.

As for the 4*... I will decide whether or not to include the south strip in my search...
I'm back to a 4* bid again. Any advice on bidding up to $180?
Did you want to include Strip South in your 4* bidding OR bid both the Strip North and Strip South zones?

Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Steven Seagal,

Thank for posting all the rate information. However, the OP decided to head back to LA for the nite of 9/25, thus making this stay 9/23-9/25, which is why the rates your seeing are a bit lower then experienced above.

If i remember correctly, i think rates are a little higher then when last checked, but to try your luck (as they say in Vegas :) ):

At the 4* level you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Strip North...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Strip South...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Strip North and Strip South...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $178, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180

Any questions feel free to ask.

Clearly, I might have just maxed out on my luck. I just got the Venetian through the HOTWIRE link you provided for $187/night!

I was getting ready to bid and I opened up the page to pull the hotel lists for each section. That's when I decided I'd quickly check Hotwire as I always hear that the prices change often. Imagine my surprise when I saw a 5* hotel in the North Strip for $187. I quickly checked the Hotwire hotel list and assumed I was headed for the Trump but I was fine with that.

I'm still shocked to have gotten so lucky.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone for your help. This site is the best. And for those of you still looking for that great deal, don't give up just yet! Good luck all.

Congratulations on your success... but you had better save some of that luck for Vegas! :)

Glad to see you're pleased with the results and this property works well for your plans.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]