Hotwire Hotel: 3* Dublin (South Inner City) Principal Hotel Fleet Street

PriceLuck
By PriceLuck,
in

I'd like some help with good hotels near Aviva Stadium in Dublin, Ireland - August 30-September 2, 2012 where Notre Dame will be playing Navy on September 1, 2012.

I believe Dublin City Center South is best area, but am not familiar with area close around Aviva Stadium near Lansdowne Road in Ballsridge area.

Any suggestions on Priceline and Hotwire options to get a good deal on a 5*, 4* or even 3* in a nice place close to the stadium would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Surprisingly there's few hotels directly adjacent to the Aviva Stadium. Most hotels are about a 15-30 minute walk away. It's because the stadium is located in a residential area. Although you might get a good guesthouse or B&B nearby.

The nearest Priceline and Hotwire hotels would be the Maldron Hotel on Cardiff Lane and the Hilton Hotel on Charlemont Place. I'd say you'd be more likely to get a good deal on these 4 star hotels, than on the five star Westin, Shelbourne or Conrad. The Maldron and Hilton are also slightly closer to the stadium than the other hotels.

The nearest affordable hotels would be the D4 Hotels, Ballsbridge and Bewleys Hotel, Ballsbridge. These are independent 4 star/low cost hotels, not in Priceline or Hotwire:

http://www.d4berkeley.ie/

http://www.bewleyshotels.com/ballsbridge/

I hope you enjoy your stay in Dublin.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for input. The Aviva Stadium area places and hotels you mentioned were all sold out, but I was able to eventually get The 3* Principal Fleet Street Hotel, Temple Bar, Dublin at $130 per night for a double room which included the tax. It is an easy light rail couple stops away and in a very fun part of town. While I tried for a good Dublin hotel on PRICELINE, I wasn't able to get it here, but it came up on a 3* on HOTWIRE and when I got it I was pleased to see it was the newly remodeled Fleet Street Hotel.

...it came up on a 3* on HOTWIRE and when I got it I was pleased to see it was the newly remodeled Fleet Street Hotel.

Congratulations on your success and glad to see you found something in your budget for this trip.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the details of your purchase (star rating, city, zone, hotel, room rater (before fees and taxes), date of your stay, and amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Here are the details on the Hotwire booking:

Principal Hotel Fleet Street ***Star

19/20 Fleet Street,

Dublin, IE,

Check-in: Thu, Aug 30, 2012

Check-out: Sun, Sep 2, 2012

This is the Temple Bar/South Central Dublin 2 area near Trinity College

Room Type: for 2: Standard: Double / Twin

Hotel Rate per night: $117.56 rate plus Taxes: $31.74 Subtotal for three days: $384.42

Hope this is helpful to others.

Thanks for the additional information.

Can you please further provide the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]