Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (ESB) The Strand

sandc102806
By sandc102806,
in

I am trying to Priceline a hotel, but I'm finding it a bit more difficult this time because we are traveling in October. In case I can't get one, I am starting to think about Hotwire (have never used them).

Does anyone know what these hotels are?

4.5* Dowtown - Soho - Financial area. $211 with the following:

Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center & High Speed Internet access. Recommended by 90%.

Or

4* MTE - $279 with the exact same amenities recommened by 85%.

This is out 4th time visiting NYC, but out first time getting a hotel. We typicallY stay with my sister-in-law in Brooklyn. So even though Soho area isn't as centrally located, we are okay with using transit because we are used to it. It isn't as ideal, but might be worth it if the hotel is right.

Thanks!

Thanks AaronJB! So far with Priceline I have bid up to $210 for a 4* in the Empire State, MTE & then MTW area. Would prefer the ESB or MTE area. Not sure how far up I would have to go on this one. I stopped at $210 last night, so I will have to wait until tonight to keep going.

Just looked at google map and it looks like the W in the Soho area is right in the middle of construction. I knew it was too good of a deal for a 4.5*. Oh well.

I haven't really decided on a maximum bid. I was hoping to stay around $200. Now I am hoping to stay under/around $250, but I'm starting to question if I can do that either. I so far I have gone as high as $230 for 4* in the Empire, MTE & MTW areas. I would prefer Empire State area and then MTE. Maybe I should try Chelsea as well? I might try 3.5*, but there are a couple hotels I would be a little bummed about getting.

Still trying, but no luck yet with getting a 4* through Priceline. I am considering Hotwire if I can't Priceline one soon. I was reading other threads here and it seems like the description including spa as amenities usually means the W. The 4* I'm pulling for $279 doesn't include the spa listed as amenities. Do you still think it is the W? If it has a good possibility, it may be worth it. Thanks!

eta: I jut found your hotwire list and see where that is coming from. I was concerned about it being the Doubletree Metropolitan because I don't think that one is worth the $279 price to us. But it looks like it is now a 3.5*? Am I reading that correctly?

I went as high as $255 for a 4*. Trying for ESB or MTE using other rebid zones that do not have 4*. Just ran out of rebid zones and will have to wait to try another day. Unless I just pay the $279. I may if it is a good chance it's the W. Darn October prices! :)

When I just looked on Hotwire at the list of hotels I could just book outright at rack rate, it showed the Doubletree Met as a 4 star. Is your info from somewhere else or do they bounce back and forth? Thanks!

The Doubletree Met has been last reported at the 3.5* level and hasn't been seen in a while.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I was going to book the MTE on Hotwire for $279, but decided to give Priceline one last shot first. Glad I did.

Using the PRICELINE link here of course. :) I started back at $260 (yesterday I had to end at $255 when I ran out of re-bid zones) for a 4* hotel in ESB for Oct 27 & 28.

Got The Strand hotel for $276. While $276 is more than I wanted to spend, I came to the realization that I had to up my bids for a 4* in October. I am very happy that we got The Strand and feel like this will give us a good NYC experience. The hotel is $380-390 right now for those nights a the rack rate.

Thanks for all the help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]