Priceline Hotel: 4* LA-San Fernando Valley (Burbank-Universal-Glendale) Hilton Glendale

sinned
By sinned,
in

So based on my research on this forum I know that Priceline guarantees double occupancy per room - but that there is a risk that you will get just 1 King bed. Since I am traveling with a friend (both male) I was wondering what the chances are that we will get 2 beds or just 1 King bed (we need 2 beds). Should We take the chance? If the offer gets accepted, can we call the hotel and ask specifically for 2 beds or can this be not accommodated since it is a Priceline booking? Haven't used Priceline before, will be first time user (assuming my bid gets accepted). Any advice would be welcome!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I was wondering what the chances are that we will get 2 beds or just 1 King bed (we need 2 beds).
In city like Orlando near Disneyworld, which is used to accommodating families, there are more rooms which have two beds and your request is more likely to be honored then in a location such as NYC which is known for small rooms and a very high percentage of rooms with only one bed. Where are you traveling to?
If the offer gets accepted, can we call the hotel and ask specifically for 2 beds or can this be not accommodated since it is a Priceline booking?
You can call the hotel, but some hotels are more willing then others to accommodate your request. Most will make a note in the system but state that it can't be guaranteed, and they will try to honor your request based upon what is available at check-in. Ultimately it comes down to a variety of factors, including hotel policy, occupancy levels for that nite, if rooms with two beds are considered an upgrade and/or cost more than rooms with only one bed, mood of check-in clerk, etc, etc.
Should We take the chance?
It's a calculated risk which only you (and the person you're traveling with) can decide is worthwhile for the savings. A safer option is to use HOTWIRE and search for quad occupancy which may increase the price slightly, but would also ensure separate beds for each of you (although the second 'bed' could be a pullout sofabed, rollaway brought into the room, etc)

If you let us know where you're traveling, desired star level, and dates of stay we can try to offer a bit more insight.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your reply! Will be in Los Angeles San Fernando Valley (Burbank - Glendale) from 9/22 thru 9/27. There is only 1 4-star hotel there (Hilton Glendale) and there is a 3.5 star hotel (Sheraton Universal). What are the chances that they will accomodate a request for 2 beds?

Incidentally, after researching on the California forum, I tried to do an $80 bid that was rejected, then made a second bid of $84 which was also rejected. No counter offers. Both $80/$84 bids had a history of being accepted the previous months but I understand that the occupancy rates are always changing. Will try again tomorrow.

There are a couple of 4*'s in this zone, and new hotels/changes in star rating can happen at any time. The hotels that have been reported to the board in this zone can be found here: Priceline Hotel List.

There is no way to know if the hotel will accept a request for two beds; it can vary by hotel, day or even who you talk with. My suggestion would be to call and politely request two beds after your reservation is made. If no, then ask again at check-in.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase sand searches.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to update this post.

Wound up staying at the Hilton Glendale at $88/night (after failed bids of $80, $84, and $86; Priceline countered with $100). The dates were 9/22 thru 9/27.

I called the next day after the priceline bid was accepted to request double beds. They said that they would note the request but they cannot guarantee it (possibly after they found out it was booked thru Priceline) and immediately offered an upgrade to an Executive suite room for an additional $30/night to guarantee the double beds. I declined.

When we arrived on the 22nd, upon check-in I mentioned that I requested double beds. They confirmed that that was the room they reserved for me. My feeling is that Priceline booked rooms get the "least-preferred" status, i.e. if the hotel was booked full then they would just give me what was available. Everything worked out fine for me in the end though.

The most important tip I can give for anyone who reads this and has booked/will book in this hotel: Parking costs $18/day (they have a 5-story structure that mostly sits empty) but you can do street parking. Once you have checked-in and unloaded your luggage, exit off the front of the hotel at Glenoaks Blvd. Make a left at Brand, then another left on Dryden after the 1st or 2nd intersection. You can find parking at Dryden (in front of the fenced off basketball courts). We did 4 out of the 5 nights. For that other night we didn't, just go across the intersection (still on Dryden) and it becomes a residential neighborhood where you can luck into an empty parking space. The walk back to the hotel was probably 8 minutes & was no big deal.

All in all, thanks to Better Bidding for saving us some money and getting a hotel in a great location which really worked out well for us!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]