Priceline Hotel: 3* Asheville (Downtown-Biltmore Estate) Holiday Inn and Suites Downtow

oldmanbob
By oldmanbob,
in

Started Bidding on last Wednesday.

1st bid: selected zone 2, Ashville Downtown, and selected 3 stars. I bid $46. Rejected, but I was offered a free rebid if I raised my bid to $63. I declined that offer.

2nd bid: added zone 5, Biltmore Square (no worries as this zone only has up to a 2 1/2 star. Kept my 3 star choice and raised bid to $49. Bid rejected again

3rd bid. lowered star preference to 2 1/2 and raised bid to $52. Only a little gamble here as any 2 1/2 star or better hotel on the Better Bidding Priceline Hotel List is

acceptable. My goal was to not win the Asheville Crowne Plaza. It is a very nice hotel and I have won there a few times previously, but breakfast is expensive

there, and its location is a little less preferred. However I would also not be upset if I win it at a good price. I am picky, so I wanted to try a different hotel. My 3rd

bid of $52 was rejected.

4th bid. Added zone 3 Asheville East and raised bid to $54. Hotels that are 2 1/2 star or better were also acceptable, As I have won the HI east before. Nice hotel as well. I

just preferred other locations. Well 4th bid at $54 was rejected, and now I wondered if I should have taken the $63 free rebid I was offered at my first bid.

Not one to give up, I entered a 5th bid.

5th bid. I added Zone 1, the Asheville Airport. Again, any 3 star in this zone would also be acceptable to me, plus I was going to a show in Flat Rock that would be close, I

just preferred downtown if possible for the next day

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]