Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Copley Square-Theatre District) Colonnade

thais fernandes
By thais fernandes,
in

:) Hi there!

I'm going to Philadelphia late October and was thinking about spend sometime in Boston. First I was thinking in going to NY but it's so expensive! Anyway, I've been to NY in July so I think it's a good opportunity to visit Boston.

According to my (few)) researchs, the best areas in Priceline are Copley Square-Theatre District and Quincy Market-Faneuil Hall.

What about Boston Harbour Front?

Any sugestion will be appreciated!

Copley Square and Quincy Market are the two major zones bid most frequently... from there Waterfront and Harbour Front are distant second choices.

Let us know once your dates are firm and the desired star rating and budget for this trip.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

:) Hi there!

I'm going to Philadelphia late October and was thinking about spend sometime in Boston. First I was thinking in going to NY but it's so expensive! Anyway, I've been to NY in July so I think it's a good opportunity to visit Boston.

According to my (few)) researchs, the best areas in Priceline are Copley Square-Theatre District and Quincy Market-Faneuil Hall.

What about Boston Harbour Front?

Any sugestion will be appreciated!

I'm not sure where the 'Harbour Front' is. The Waterfront area (near the Convention Center) is not a good choice for tourism. You would be better off in Cambridge, which is a nice area in itself and also a short T-ride away from Park St.

To some extent it depends on what interests you. For shopping, Fenway Park, Museums, I'd pick the Copley area, also good for high-end restaurants. For walking around and seeing the historic sights (which your Philadelphia trip suggests might be your kind of thing?), the Quincy Market - Commons - Theater districts are a little better (Hotwire and Priceline divide these up a bit differently).

Keep in mind that Boston is small -- it's quite a bit smaller than Philadelphia, for instance, and much smaller than NY. Any city district you choose is going to be fairly close to whatever else you want to do, and the T (subway) is excellent for tourists, too.

Thanks Crito and Thereuare!

I may keep bidding in Quincy and Copley.

Maybe Cambridge if the prices get high.

I won't be happy if I have to pay more than US$ 150.00 because probably I will travel alone.

The funny thing is that 3.5* prices seems to be higher than 4* (so says Priceline when I finish writing my bid).

I intend to stay from 10.28 to 11.01.11.

As stars are concerned, I always prefer to bid on 5 or 4* because I think I can minimize the risk of taking a bad hotel.

This time I will try a 3.5* as well.

:) Looking forward that 2 "good" (Copley and Quincy) zones I've tried evereything (bids and rebids) for 4* and 3.5* till I've came to US$ 165.00 with no success.

I've realized, after I have read the reviews here, that US$150.00 is not a realistic bid for a 4* Boston hotel in a good area unless one wants just one night or have a lot of luck.

Boston is not expensive as NY but isn't cheap either!

I saw 4* in Hotwire for US$198.00 for thethe days I want (10/28 to 11/01/11) and, according to betterbidding, it must be Omni Parker House.

Lets try tomorrow.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]