Priceline Hotel: Recommended Areas Manhattan?

dobbylan
By dobbylan,
in

Hello,

first I'd like to thank you for creating this forum!

Could you please help me with bidding at priceline for the following dates: 10/11 - 10/15, 4 nights.

Basically any 4* hotel in Manhattan is fine: MTW, MTE, TS, CPS, HK, Chelsea, ESB, UWS, UES, QB, FD, MSG

I am willing to pay up to $200/night/room before taxes.

I will use the links provided here!

Thank you in advance!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

At current rates i think a 4* for $200 is going to be a bit tough. We can suggest a strategy for you to try anyway, but before doing so, as some of the zones above don't offer 4* rated properties, it appears you may not be familiar with the concept of re-bidding. Please see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and see if you can determine which zones in the 'New York City' region don't contain 4* or higher rated hotels, we'll then suggest a strategy for you to follow and/or advise accordingly.

If you read the Priceline Re-Bidding Explained thread and are confused, just post back and we'll break it down further for you.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thereuare, thank you for your quick response!

I have read the article about re-bidding before. Here are the zones in New York city region without 4* or higher rated hotels:

Coney Island, Long Island City, Madison Square Garden Convention Area, Queensborough Bridge, Upper East Side.

Can please help me to come up with a strategy?

If 200$ is a bit tough, what do you think is a reasonable price to be successful?

The best rate I can get through conventional channels is the 4* Excelsior for 249 $ incl. taxes.

Based on the rates I'm seeing, I'm guessing you're likely looking at $265-285 for a 4* in the Midtown area (ESB/MTE/MTW/CPS/TS/HK/, and possibly over $300 - these dates are definitely busy and unfortunately, on the expensive side. In Downtown/Soho/Financial, I think you're likely looking at $200-225, and possibly moderately higher.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

TS is the most popular area, but it's also the most expensive and crowded. Surrounding areas are generally less expensive and are still convenient to TS; I particularly like the MTE and nearby ESB areas.

The issue with HK is that there isn't much in the way of hotels in that zone - there's only one 4* (Ink48) and really very few hotels located within those boundaries at all. UES/UWS are generally nice areas, but extend pretty far up and generally are a bit "out of the way" up in the same manner that many feel the Downtown/Soho/Financial area is too far down.

TS/MTW/MTE/CPS are central and the most popular; Chelsea/MSG/ESB/HK are also fine (although again, there's only a handful of hotels at most actually located within HK.)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]