Priceline Hotel: 3* LA-San Gabriel Valley (West Covina) Radisson Suites West Covina

MrsPhim
By MrsPhim,
in

I bid $42 for a 3* in West Covina and it was accepted on the first bid. The Radisson Suites, mixed reviews, but I'm sure it will be fine (we are going to the LA County Fair for it's opening weekend.) Some reviews I read said they had Sleep Number beds so I'm excited to see if that's true. I had also seen this hotel being offered on Hotwire for $50. The 2.5* Best Western showed on Hotels.com that there were no rooms available for our dates (this was my first choice hotel).

Rooms: 1

Nights: 1

Room Subtotal: $42.00

Taxes & Fees: $12.74

Total Charged to Card: $54.74

The dates were for 9/3/2011-9/4/2011. Sunday check-in, Monday check-out. We got there at almost 8:30pm and parking lot was packed. I asked the front desk attendant if they had any events going on. He said there was a big birthday party booked for that night, and also 2 weddings (not booked there but the guests and wedding party were staying there.) Still I asked him if we were in a double bed room, he said we were booked for King non-smoking but he easily changed us to a room with 2 beds. Overall it was a wonderful stay. There were little things like stains on the carpet but beds were extremely clean and comfortable. I think all the rooms were 2-room suites + bathroom. Front room had couches, armchairs, a desk and TV, microwave and fridge with sink countertop. The next room had the beds, another desk, another TV. Bathroom was in the middle. I didn't hear ANY noise at all (some reviews said freeway noise was loud).

Some things to note. It is hard to find the road that it's on if you're taking the back streets. Only because the north side of the road doesn't connect with the south side. So if you're following N. Garvey, it ends, becomes some kind of shopping plaza with a Target, and then the easiest way to get there is to go under the freeway, take Holt and make a left on S. Garvey. Checkout was 11:00am. I went out to buy some things and noted on the card on the door that it said "Checkout at 12:00pm". So I stayed out till 11:22am, when I got back my husband told me that a front desk clerk had knocked on our door at 11 to inform us that it was the checkout time. He said we could stay till 11:30 if we had to. We got our stuff to the car and I went to the desk to turn in our keycards around 11:40am, the lady checked and said, "Oh, you have already been checked out. You're good to go." Cool, thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]