Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Downtown) Westin Bonaventure

John Lin
By John Lin,
in

Thanks to prior poster pamela21, i had a good feeling i could get westin bonaventure for $80. must be empty over labor day!

I started at $78 (denied), downtown. They counteroffered for $89.

I raised to $80, added culver city, WON!

with starwood and a tip to the friendly front desk people, i hope to get upgraded to starwood floor! Too bad parking is $35. However, last time a $20 tip got me free parking, free internet, and starwood floor upgrade. The hotel was quite nice at the starwood floor level!

Thank you Better Bidding for sharing info and making this stress free.

• 2 weeks later...

STAY RESULTS:

The westin bonaventure was as nice as ever. I tipped the front desk $20 and she was able to upgrade me to starwood preferred floors (which I am a low level member of anyway). She also gave me half off the (normally very expensive $35/night) parking, which saved me $50. And I got free wireless (saved $10/night) and two free cocktail coupons (which I didn't use sadly). The front desk person saw that the hotel had space and upgraded me to a suite; and it was lovely. Similarly to Las Vegas, it does pay to tip your front desk person politely at this particular property. (please look up "$20 trick" for etiquette if you're interested).

The hotel is doing a great job upgrading each year I go there. The service is great to begin with, the rooms very nicely updated, fitness center great, and the lobby improves with each visit. While this hotel is not near west LA, it is very conveniently located to a major freeway interchange which is very convenient. The ratings in tripadvisor lag behind the improvements management has made in the last 2-3 years.

I should also mention as an aside that this hotel is extremely pet friendly. There is no charge for small pets, unlike most other hotels that charge $8-20 per pet.

Overall, I am happy if I get this hotel via Priceline. Just as good if not better experience than my time at Omni (which is rated highly on tripadvisor). I feel that this is a 4.5* level hotel given my many experiences with this hotel. A great value.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]