in

Hi

I am looking for a hotel in the Grand Canyon area 6/9/12 till 6/10/12

When i check priceline , i see a 3* upscale hotel choice

in the Betterbidding hotellist , there are only 2.5* hotels

Any idea what hotel this 3* is ?

did not see any 3* wins with Priceline , only with Hotwire

yhanks in advance for your answer

Priceline's retail side has three 3* hotels right now - The Grand Hotel, Grand Canyon B&B, and Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. While the hotels on the bidding side and the retail side don't necessarily match up, these might give you a general idea as to what to expect. The B&B is the least expensive of the three, so that might be the most likely result for bidding.

For some reason, when I put in your dates, only two hotels appear.

Of course, it is also possible to get a hotel via bidding that does not show up on the retail side.

Romelle

PS - I hope you are successful with your bidding and report back. It is always nice to have a new data point here.

PPS - You might look in the FAQs for the discussion about early bidding. It can work, but sometimes hotels don't offer rooms to PL inventory until later in the game.

The site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE hotel lists offer the hotels that have been reported to the board (and new information is being reported often.) Unfortunately, no hotels have been reported to the board in this zone at the 3* level yet.

Please let us know if you have any questions and keep us updated on what you decide.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi Romelle

Thanks for you answer

I will look these hotels up with tripadvisor , see what they are like

As for early booking , I have to book for a 16 night west america trip for 8 rooms so I have a lot of bidding and investigating to do , so if the price on Priceline or Hotwire are really low comparing to rates on regular sites , i book the rooms , if not , i wait

Lesly

Lesly

If you haven't already, I hope you get some good guide books for your trip. I think they can be really helpful and add a lot to a junket.

There are lots of good ones out there. My personal favorite is the Lonely Planet series because of their good maps and detailed directions. You can get them and others from amazon.com as well as most good book stores. There is even a link to Amazon under the Support/Travel tab up above.

Romelle

Thanks Romelle

I know the area , did the trip twice already , and yes , I have a lot of guides and the net gives also lots of information .

I live in France , but I go once or twice a year to th US , so I am starting to know how to get a good hotel deal ( Betterbidding helps a lot )

I find google streetview also very helpfull to see the neighbourhood where the hotel is situated , along with tripadvisor ratings .

you will see my posts in the months too come ,or my questions as they come along

Lesly

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]