Priceline Hotel: 4* Phoenix (Tempe-ASU) Marriott Buttes

PriceLuck
By PriceLuck,
in

I want the 4* Renaissance near the football stadium in Glendale AZ for 12/31/11-1/3/12 for New Year's, Cardinal-Seahawks and Fiesta Bowl.

On Priceline they list it at $311 to get directly. On their own site they list it at $229 plus tax and extra fees per night. My Priceline bids of $125 and $132 (by using Happy Valley as an extra no 4* location) have been rejected.

I know this is a high use time frame, but has anyone used a Priceline strategy in the past that helped get this 4* at a better price during football game weekends?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

What is the likely 4* Hotel listed as follows:

Zone--Tempe-ASU

Price--$71

Date-Dec. 31, 2011-Jan. 3, 2012

Amenities list is:

Resort

Smoke free rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Resturaunt(s)

Business Center

High Speed Internet

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa

Recommended in 90 % of Hotwire

An earlier post with this list of amenities shows that it may be The Buttes.

That would be great. But are there other possibilities?

Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links and then reply to this thread, we'll then have a look at your trip above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have already checked Priceline and Hotwire sites, and have a cancellable reservation at the Renaissance Glendale at $229 per night for the New Year and games. I know I have plenty of time, and hope to get a better Priceline or Hotwire deal for December 30, 2011-Jan. 3, 2012.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the results and this works well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future bidding, searches and travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]