Priceline Hotel: 4* Florence (Central) Una Hotel Vittoria

SMUS_Style
By SMUS_Style,
in

A decent hotel but a bit far from the city center (20 minute walk and no real bus you can take to get into the city).

They do run a shuttle bus to the train station several times a day.... you should call ahead a book... will save you ~10 euros.

Breakfast is just okay.. but included in the hotel stay. Wifi is VERY expensive... they claim they'll have free wifi in a month or two but that because they have to 'register' every guest on the internet per regulations... they have to charge you for it. (This is clearly not true since other hotels in italy provide free access.. they just give you an individual passwork/login).

Cool funky rooms... overall a nice place to stay.

No real savings again vs just booking it the old fashioned way... pretty disappointing priceline 'win' number 2 in Italy. Florence and Rome... both I probably could have booked a hotel at the same price in a location I preferred. Oh well.. live and learn

Florence Priceline bidding didn't work for me either. I ended up doing a VRBO (vacation rental by owner) there. That turned out to be a weird little place. Functional though.

I added on to your Rome post. I didn't really realize the pattern until just now. While I've had good PR luck in lots of other European cities, Italy has always been a struggle. And PR hasn't been the working solution.

But I suspect I'll keep going back to Italy anyway. Worth the struggle.

Romelle

Thanks Romelle... appreciate the info. It okay with me.. no point in booking on priceline if you aren't willing to take a chance on something different.. but I worry they are going to hurt their reputation if they start putting everybody into VRBOs and 4 stars in the 'center' of the city that are all decent commutes from where people actually want to be. I assume they'll try to fix it.. but for now.. Italy is definitely a place I'd look to book a traditional reservation early... and at least use that to limit your bid prices.

Thanks Romelle... appreciate the info. It okay with me.. no point in booking on priceline if you aren't willing to take a chance on something different.. but I worry they are going to hurt their reputation if they start putting everybody into VRBOs and 4 stars in the 'center' of the city that are all decent commutes from where people actually want to be. I assume they'll try to fix it.. but for now.. Italy is definitely a place I'd look to book a traditional reservation early... and at least use that to limit your bid prices.

"VRBO" is a web site - www.vrbo.com. Completely different from Priceline. Actual people renting their personally owned places.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]