Priceline Hotel: Looking for hotel in NYC - 09/08 - 09/11

royial
By royial,
in

Hi,

I tried to bid for 4* hotel in Midtown West + Times Square - Theatre District zones (September 8th - September 11th) at the last week without a success.

My highest bid was 185$ per night.

Why its so expensive at those dates? If I'll wait to the beginning of September and will try to bid again - Is there a better change at that case?

My budget is 220$ per night (after taxes).

Thanks.

It would be appreciated if you follow-up your previous Priceline Washington DC and Priceline Las Vegas threads with whatever you ended up doing for each of those stays... and reply to your messages.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future bidding, searches and travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Unfortunately, this isn't unusual for NYC throughout much of September through around the second half of December. Rates don't become reasonable again until January.

For a 4* for these dates in MTE/MTW/TS, you're likely looking for $250-275, and possibly somewhat higher. I'd continue up by $10's until your reach your budget limit in the hopes that a hotel will accept; if you reach your limit and nothing does accept, you could then consider heading higher, waiting (although rates could go higher while you wait) or looking at lower star ratings.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Why its so expensive at those dates? If I'll wait to the beginning of September and will try to bid again - Is there a better change at that case?

A combination of events:

Fashion Night Out Sept 8

Marc Anthony Sept 9

Mets vs Cubs Sept 9 10 11

US Open Finals Sept 10 and 11

Sept 11 Anniversary

I tracked prices for 2 weeks for these exact dates. Seems like all areas of town have been increasing. I had to settle for a priceline win in Jersey City. Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]