Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Philadelphia (Downtown) Marriott

BamaGuy
By BamaGuy,
in

Got an e-mail from Priceline offering a $6 bonus. As my travel plans had firmed up I decided to go ahead and try to lock down something. Tried bidding up to $79 on a 4*, with no success.

Switched to a 3.5* and began at $44 (+ $6). Used free rebids until $54 (+$6) was accepted. I had seen $60 as a winning bid for both the Sheraton and the Marriott, but I was hoping for the Marriott as it's a better location for us for this trip.

Totals as follows:

Offer Price:

avg. per room, per night

$54.00

Rooms: 1

Nights: 2

Room Subtotal: $108.00

Taxes & Fees: $26.38

Total Charged to Card: $134.38

I did use your PRICELINE link this time. Had to click the link in the e-mail to load the bonus into my Priceline account, but then used your link to log in again.

Now I've got to figure out a more reasonable parking arrangement than the hotel's $50/night valet service!!!

I did use your PRICELINE link this time. Had to click the link in the e-mail to load the bonus into my Priceline account, but then used your link to log in again.
GREAT! Exactly how it's done! :) <THANKS!>

Here is a link to the lots run by the Philadephia Parking Authority so you can see if any of their garages are near your hotel as well as see rates.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Now I've got to figure out a more reasonable parking arrangement than the hotel's $50/night valet service!!!

Check out www.bestparking.com.

When I stayed at the Marriott last month, I parked in the AutoPark at the Gallery Mall @ 10th & Filbert. $19 for 24 hours. It's a 2 block walk from the Marriott.

• 3 weeks later...

To follow up on the parking situation, as mentioned the Marriott valet parking with in-out privileges was $50/night. I didn't really need the in-out option so I checked the info mentioned by the above posters (thanks!) and also some info found on TripAdvisor.com's FAQs for Philadelphia.

What I found was fairly amazing (to me, anyway). I found a printable online coupon for Central Parking, and printed off a couple of them. Since it was the weekend (I got there about midnight on a Saturday night), there was a special weekend rate. I had to get something out of the vehicle about noon Sunday, so I went ahead and settled up for the first day. I expected a rate of about $20/night, but with the coupon it was only $5!

On Monday, roughly 24 hours later, when I claimed the car I used the second coupon and it was another $5. Total cost for about 36 hours was $10, and the parking lot was only 3 blocks away at the corner of Sansom and 12th. Hope this helps save somebody else some money.

To get the coupon, go to this website: http://philadelphia.centralparking.com/, then key in the address for your property (Marriott is 1201 Market Street). The closest lot is on Sansom (only .17 miles away from the hotel). You'll see the link to print the coupon. Looks like the most you would have to pay would be $18 for 24 hours, and could be as cheap as $5. The valets there were very nice and didn't mind my paying for a day and just leaving the vehicle there. Good luck.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]