Priceline Hotel: 4* Paris (St Germain-Latin Quarter-Montparnasse) Marriott Rive Gauche

Rhine-and-Roses
By Rhine-and-Roses,
in

I used your PRICELINE link to bid on a room in Paris for December 26-30. I could not get a room, bidding up to $130. I saw on the Marriott's own site that their prices went up on the night of the 29th, so I changed my bid to check out on the 29th. The bid was accepted at $105. I tried to use the option to add a night, but it was not accepted. I also tried bidding for just the one night at $135, but no luck. If we don't get an extension, we'll just stay for three instead of four nights.

This was the hotel I was expecting (and the same one I've 'won' a good number of times in the past.)

Thanks again for this great site!

Why not start with $100 or $105. I started at $100 for this December trip, and for a week I just spent in August, but both times was rejected, but accepted at $105. My experience is usually just the weekends, or very low occupancy times (August) will go that low.

For anyone keeping track, I've still tried bidding up to $120 for the same zone, and still rejected.

I want to bid for this very same hotel for 3 nights, 27 Oct - 30 Oct. Any suggestions on the price?

Keep in mind that you can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose.

Please start a NEW TOPIC for your own stay which you can update and we an further assist there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just in case anyone is looking for my dates, too, I am continuing to bid almost daily (using your PRICELINE link) up to $135 in the St Germain/Montparnasse area for a 4*, hoping to get the Marriott extended for one last night. I bought airline tickets now, and will stay the 29th-30th, even if we don't get a great deal. I'll continue to post occasionally. As I said, I did get a good corporate price at the Marriott, so I'll use that rate if I have to.

• 1 month later...

Once again today I tried for a 4* St Germain/Montparnasse, bidding up to $135, and using your link. There were these guaranteed amenities listed with the booking: pets, business center, and restaurant. I got a counter offer of $153. I rebid with a free zone for $140, really hoping this would be the Marriott Rive Gauche. Bingo! So I now have my hotel for all four nights. (Whew, I was not at all sure about this since the last win on this hotel never responded to my request for possible amenities.) The booking is for December 29-30. BTW, they must be under booked because their site is now offering a very good refundable rate with a minimum of three nights for the week after Christmas.

Without exception I have "won" hotels at $5 more than my current bid when a counter has been offered. I know from reading this site it is not true for everyone, but it's always worked for me.

I hope Priceline continues to list amenities.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the same hotel as your previous purchase and won't need to switch hotels mid-stay. Since this rate is different enough from the price of the previous win, can you please post this purchase as a NEW TOPIC and it will appear separately in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins with the correct price.

...now offering a very good refundable rate with a minimum of three nights for the week after Christmas.

Traditionally this is a slow period for hotels as business travel is almost non-existent and many people who do travel stay with family. With kids off from school many family-centric places like Disney are very busy, but large cities like NYC, Chicago, Paris, etc. are usually quite slow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]