Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Mag Mile-Streeterville) Sofitel

RaseOne
By RaseOne,
in

It could be the Wyndham, Crowne Plaza or Omni. It could also be the Palomar or Sheraton which are a block or two from Michigan Avenue. At that price it's probably not the Intercontinental but it could be. And it may be the W but it's on the lake shore and about a half mile from Michigan Avenue.

Rase, Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Are you also seeing a smoke-free icon? I'm seeing a smoke-free icon, as well as fitness, restaurant, business, internet, which would be a match for the Intercontinental.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi Aaron.

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, there is a smoke-free icon. Is that a good price for Intercontinental?

Cheers

I'm seeing the HOTWIRE listing for $138, regular rate $172 on Expedia. I don't dislike the Intercontinental (I think it's a nice property in a great location and is a good mix of old/modern.)

However...

I'm seeing a 4* in the NMA area w/Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa which would be a possible match for the W Lakeshore, for $100 (if it's the W, lowest rate is $160 on the hotel website.) The W is not going to be everyone's cup of tea - it (like the rest of the chain) is a love it or hate it experience, and it is a trendy boutique. The location is also right by the lake - while it is not a far walk to Michigan Ave, it is a bit of a trek to the nearest subway station if you plan on taking the subway.

That said, if you don't mind a trendy, hip boutique (or, better yet, if that appeals), perfectly nice property for nearly $40 less per night. If you do not like that kind of a trendy 'scene' hotel - and that's understandable - then the Intercontinental is a better choice.

I'm also seeing a 4* Mag Mile for $104 w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business. This would likely be a possible match for the Felix or Sax. If it's the Felix, it does have small rooms.

Please let us know if you have any questions before booking.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for your help Aaron.

I missed out on this 4.5* property in Mag Mile, so I settled with 4.5* in NMA area, same dates, amenities: Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet , Business

95% Recommended

Expected to get Sofitel, and indeed got the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.

Spent a bit more than I would have liked, but still happy with the result.

I used the HOTWIRE link through this site. Thanks again!

Cheers!

Congrats on your success. :)

Glad you are pleased with the result and were able to get a deal for this well-reviewed (and very well-located) property.

Can you confirm the price per night so that we can update the site's Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]