Hotwire Hotel: Pls help ID Chelsea MSG 2.5* 9/27-30 $248

CosmicGirl
By CosmicGirl,
in

Hi,

Could you please help ID this listing found through the HOTWIRE link?

2.5* in Chelsea/MSG for 3 adults from 9/27 to 9/30, 95% recommended on Hotwire, 50+ reviews

Amenities:

- Smoke-free

- Complimentary breakfast

- Fitness

- Business

- High speed internet

This doesn't appear to be on the Hotwire hotel list and despite my research, I find it hard to identify this property. Here's what I've come up with:

- Hampton Inn Chelsea, 3*

- Holiday Inn Express MSG

- Fairfield Inn & Suites Manhattan/TS

- Fairfield Inn & Suites Manhattan/5th Av

- Hampton Inn MSG

- (Residence Inn TS) - Suites?

Another property within our budget is MTC 3* - $244 - 3 adults with:

- Fitness

- Pool

- Restaurant

- Internet

This listing matches up with the Holiday Inn on 57th.

I would appreciate your thoughts on the first property. What would you recommend out of these two listings? I was hoping to find something in MTE, as we really enjoyed our stays last February at the Intercontinental the Barclay and the Grand Hyatt booked through Priceline. Ess-a-bagel was fantastic for breakfast :). However, as there will now be three of us (two first timers + 3rd visit for me) Priceline doesn't seem to be an option due to room capacity issues.

We can stretch our budget to about $270/night if it's worth it, e.g. for the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea or Holiday Inn 6th which was listed for $270 last week when we weren't sure about the dates yet.

Thanks!

I agree with your guess for the second property, the Holiday Inn on 57th St seems like the best guess.

The first property has not yet been reported to the board, but if i were to take a guess, i think the Holiday Inn Express Times Square (which is actually a few blocks south of times square, so in this zone and not the Times Square zone)

I would likely take the Chelsea-MSG property over the MTC property as the reviews are better (based upon the criteria HOTWIRE asks previous guests) and it includes breakfast.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Update: as we didn't feel we would be getting much of a bargain with one of these properties compared to their regular rates, plans have slightly changed. I came across a fairly good refundable deal for the Belvedere on Expedia and decided to book that (added 9/26 and got 25% off). I'll keep my eye open for the next couple of weeks and if anything better pops up before we leave, we can jump on it. This way at least we know we have something in case we don't find a better deal.

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the update...

If you didn't, please check for and use the links in our support page for your 'retail' purchases where we have links to most of the major online agencies (including Expedia) and hotel chains.

Let us know if any changes to your plans or if we can be of further help.

Have a great time in NYC.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]