Priceline Hotel: 5* Strip Hotel (North Strip) Wanted 9/21-9/25

nintendo_junkie
By nintendo_junkie,
in

First off this forum is amazing! Kudos to all of you who keep it running and post tips and success stories :)

I'm looking for a 5* strip (North) hotel for 9/21-9/25. I started bidding at $140 and went up to $170 with no success. Published rates for this time are mostly in the 300s. This is my first time using Priceline and I'm hoping to book something through here. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for what I could do?

Not sure if that's a crazy busy weekend either!? Maybe I should bid for 5* South?

Merci!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Hotel direct rates in the $300's usually indicates pretty strong demand in Las Vegas. However, the weekend dates of this stay (the last two nites) are much more expensive then the first 2 nites... is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? You could likely get a 5* hotel in the Strip South zone for ~$100 for the first 2 nites, and then switch to a different property (more likely a 4* for ~$200/nite on the strip... or consider something off-strip) for the last 2 nites.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your response! I don't think I would want to split my stay between 2 hotels. This is my first time going to Vegas and it's going to be for my birthday and would really like to stay somewhere special and make it memorable. That being said, could you suggest price ranges which I could bid between? I think my max would be around $200 - $210 per night. Is this feasible?

And of course I've been using the PRICELINE link.

Thank you for your response! I don't think I would want to split my stay between 2 hotels. This is my first time going to Vegas...
You know your personality best, but i would re-consider. If you're looking for something 'special' it may very well be tough for these dates given the high demand for your weekend nites (although you could certainly try). By splitting you could (if i remember rates from when i searched yesterday) get a 5* for 2nites of your stay at ~$100/nite, then a 4* for the other 2 nites of your stay ~$200/nite... giving you a blended rate of ~$150 for half the time at a 5* and half the time at a 4*. Where as a think a 4* for your complete stay will cost you more then $150/nite... you can try a 5* for your full stay (see below) but i suspect it will probably take more than this at the moment.
...and would really like to stay somewhere special and make it memorable. That being said, could you suggest price ranges which I could bid between? I think my max would be around $200 - $210 per night. Is this feasible?
Do you mean to $200-$210 and still at the 5* level?
And of course I've been using the PRICELINE link
Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Assuming you're only bidding the Strip North zone (and not the Strip North Condo zone... which is slightly off the strip) i think $225 may be tough, but you can give it a try...

At the 5* level you have ELEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 5* Strip North...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $225

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Yuppp, I think $225 is my max for the 5*, am I totally off lol?

I was able to lock in a rate of $156 near the Palazzo (yes, JUST off-strip at the Trump) for the dates you need. Check out my post here: Trump Thread

Having never been to Vegas the Venetian rooms are amazing (Palazzo is the way to go though, they just "feel" newer: tip the checkin person $20 for an "upgrade" to the Palazzo tower if you get a PRICELINE rate at the Venetian: it's worth it for the newer feel).

Anyway, one other option (only if you or someone you are staying with plays a LOT of poker) would be to get the Poker Room Rate at the Venetian. They upped the requirement now but you can get a room "debited" (refunded) to you at a rate of $179 weekends, $129 weeknights if you play 6 hours of poker/day.

It sounds like a lot but you get to use lengthy sessions toward multiple days. By this I mean: If you go on a crazy bender and play for 18 straight hours (yes, I have done this many times) you can count that as 3 6-hour periods and essentially be "done" for a 3-day trip. Of course, if you don't plan to play this much (being that it is your bday) then you may not wish to attempt the discounted rate. Call the poker room for details.

Best of luck on your trip and have a great time!!

Heehee thanks for the suggestions! I doubt I'll be playing that much poker though but I appreciate the tip :) Using PRICELINE (but not name your own price) I'm getting a decent rate of $235 a night for The Cosmopolitan. I think I'm going to stick with that and then cancel if I can win anything cheaper! We would really love the Venetian or Palazzo but I hear that Cosmopolitan is wonderful as well :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]