Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millennium-Loop-Grant Park) Palmer House Hilton

Ariana13xy
By Ariana13xy,
in

Hello!

Just completed my second round of bidding for a Chicago 4* hotel from 9/1/11 - 9/6/11, using Bbidding's PRICELINE links each time, of course :) ! I'd prefer to stay centrally, specifically in the Millenium Park-Loop-Grant Park or NMA-River North areas, and would certainly like to avoid the airports and suburbs.

I've noticed that the Priceline's predefined Chicago "areas" appear to have changed - they now offer:

• Franklin Park Area

• Greater Chicago

• Hyde Park

• Lincoln Park

• Midway Airport Area (MDW)

• Midway Airport North

• Millennium Park, Loop & Grant Park Area

• North Michigan Ave - River North Area

• O'Hare Airport (ORD) North

• O'Hare Airport (ORD) South

• Skokie - Niles - Evanston

While I've been able to ascertain that there are no 4* hotels in Skokie-Niles-Evanston and in Hyde Park, based on BBidding's boards, I'm uncomfortable adding Lincoln Park or Franklin Park Areas, as I'm scared they might now contain a 4* "spillover" from the Midway Aiport or North Shore areas. Accordingly, I haven't added them so I could get another chance at raising my price and bidding again.

Thus far, my bidding strategy has been as follows:

Round 1

- $73 for 4* in Millennium Park, Loop & Grant Park Area, Hyde Park (declined)

- $76 for 4* in MP-L-GP / North Michigan Ave - River North (declined)

- $81 for 4* in MP-L-GP / NME-RN / Hyde Park (declined)

- $83 for for 4* in MP-L-GP / NME-RN / HP / Skokie-Niles-Evanston (declined)

Round 2

- $85 for 4* in Millennium Park, Loop & Grant Park Area, Hyde Park (declined, but received a $105 Counteroffer from PL, which I did not accept)

- $88 for 4* in MP-L-GP / Hyde Park (declined)

- $90 for 4* in MP-L-GP / HP / Skokie-Niles-Evanston (declined)

- $85 for 4* in MP-L-GP / HP / S-N-E / North Michigan Ave - River North (declined)

- $85 for 4* in MP-L-GP / HP / S-N-E / North Michigan Ave - River North (changed dates to 9/1-9/4) (declined)

Any tips on how to improve my bidding strategy for Round 3? My fiance would rather not split hotels, but I'm sure I can talk him into it if the price is right. Any insight into the "new" areas or into what it might take at this point for a 4* to bite on a five-day stay over Labor Day weekend?

Your help is appreciated! Love you, BetterBidding!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

As per the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List, you DON'T want to use the hotel lists to determine your re-bid zones. The correct (and only way) to determine your re-bid zones is detailed here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Please read the link above and let us know if you're able to confirm your SIX re-bid zones and if you're now comfortable utilizing all of them... we'll then have a look at your dates and advise accordingly.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Didn't take me long to come back with an update! Using the BB PRICELINE link, I bid $85 for a 4* in Millenium Park - Loop - Grant Park - rejected. Added on the Skokie area, upped my price to $90, and tried again. Rejected. Third time was the charm, at $93 per night - Palmer House Hilton.

We're pleased to get something a bit more "unusual" than the standard Marriot/Hilton/Hyatt fare you often get on Priceline (even if this *is* a Hilton property) and excited about the historic nature and great location of this hotel. Have heard some good things from family, too. So YAY!

Now to find the perfect deep-dish pizza... :)

Thanks BB!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]