Priceline Hotel: 2* Orange County (Newport-Huntington Beach) Extended StayAmerica Arprt

gobsmacker
By gobsmacker,
in

Looking for 4* Newport/Huntington Beach hotel. I have gotten the Hyatt Newport Beach over a dozen times in the last two years

anywhere from $50-$70a night. This time, I'm getting rejected. Just staying the one night.

Check-In Date: Sat, Aug 20, 2011

Check-Out Date: Sat, Aug 21, 2011

Original bid of $50 was rejected. (just had Newport/HB 4* checked)

Re-bid of $55 was rejected. (checked other zone, non 4*)

Re-bid of $60 was rejected. "

Re-bid of $63 was rejected. "

Re-bid of $68 was rejected. "

Re-bid of $70 was rejected. "

For the other bids, I used the rebidding strategy (Priceline Re-Bidding Explained)

But still got rejected each time. :)

Appreciate any advice.

PS: I have been a member here for quite some time, but could not find a way to fetch the username (I can't remember it). Password, yes, but not my original user name. If anyone can also help with that, I'd be grateful.

Hotwire 4* is $162 and 3* is $122 for your date.

The low 4* from Priceline's retail side is $169.

I'm guessing you just aren't bidding high enough. At the 50% Priceline retail level it would still take $85. Are you getting any counter-offers?

For the record, in many cities people are experiencing similar "sticker shock" this year. The hotel business is apparently lots better than it has been in the past few years.

You do have eight free rebid zones at the 4* level so, assuming your budget can handle it, you can work on up fairly easily in the next couple of days.

On the other hand, if you are approaching your budget max, you might consider the 3 1/2*s. Only 3 free rebid zones at that level though.

Same day bidding is available if you haven't scored something earlier.

Regarding finding your original user name - if you happen to remember your postings, you could do a Quick Search on city/hotel names (or some other identifiers) and maybe you will be able to spot your contributions. I'm not sure how deep the history is here, but there is usually several years worth.

Hope something works for you.

Romelle

Ebound - I hope you will be kind enough to start your own thread and post your findings? Clicking through the link (upper right corner) so as to keep this site operational.

PS: I have been a member here for quite some time, but could not find a way to fetch the username (I can't remember it). Password, yes, but not my original user name.
If you recall the email address you used when registering you can send me a PM with that info, or if you recall your dates of travel of any of your previous wins you can use the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins to find a previous post, which should jog your memory of your screen name (and from there we can look-up your user name, if different)
I just got screwed bidding $100 for a 4* San Diego hotel
It would be appreciated if you shared your win(s) with the board so that the informatino can help others, and please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Anyone? I just read more reviews that there are sex offenders staying there. It's disgusting that Priceline would even offer a hotel that has such horrible reviews.

I have been using them for years and have never had a problem like this. Even the 2* hotels have been fine. No frills, but clean and satisfactory.

Priceline info is no help, they are in the Philippines and basically told me too bad, you booked it, you pay for it because I agreed with the terms. However, I believe that I agreed under false pretense - Assuming I would have a safe, clean room.

PLEASE help. I would at least like to speak to someone in the USA who understands me. The person on teh ofther line said, "Can you plese explain to me sexual offender, what is that?" Ugggh.

Is this for your Aug 20 stay posted in another thread? One night? What was your winning bid amount? And star level?

If it is the Huntington Beach ES, their pre-tax rack rate for your date for one person is $79.99.

I did look at the TA reviews, and about 1/2 of them are pretty sad. Sorry to hear of it. What was the source of the sex offender mention? I didn't see that in TA.

I'm not a moderator here, just a member, but I think I'd take another run at Priceline. Maybe even one by phone and one by email. You don't have time before your stay to do snail mail.

Romelle

Here is the sex offender mention "DO NOT STAY THERE 3 Registered sex offenders registered at this address. Check Megans Law"

This is the link with more terrible reviews:

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe=utf-8...ved=0CCkQ4gkwAQ

The winning bid was $40a night for the 20th and 21st. for two nights and the total was $98 and change after taxes, etc. I am just ANGRY that Priceline is sending customers to a hotel where their reviews are so horrible.

The reviews on YELP are not any better.

Again, I have no problem with no frills 2* hotels, especially if I'm just there to shower and sleep. But when there is talk about bed bugs, terrible staff, sex offenders and stained mattresses, it's pretty gross :)

When I called Priceline, I was told all the agents are in Manila and they could not transfer me to someone in America. That if I wanted to communicate with an American, I would have to SEND A LETTER. The thing is, they didn't even understand my problem, they didn't even understand me! Major language barrier. And I tried four times. I am going to try and get my bank to reverse it, but since the charges were "authorized" (Albeit blindly), I doubt I'll get any help and will just have to eat the $98. More than anything I am pissed off, that after years of using Priceline, to see they are sending people to crap places like this. Pure greed. Looks like they will take any hotel or motel now. Some of those reviews are from pissed off Priceline customers. :)

Sorry to see you're disappointed with the results and the hotel is poorly reviewed.

Unless you can get somebody on the phone (try during 9am-5pm business hours, EST) to listen i think your best option is going to be to show up at the hotel, and if unacceptable, call PRICELINE from the hotel and explain the issues you have upon seeing the property. They are more likely to accommodate your dislike for the property once you have given it a shot and seen it firsthand, rather then replying on what you read on the internet.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck, hope it all works out.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]