Priceline Hotel: Identify Anaheim area Hotwire hotels Nov. 2011

sterlingpeople
By sterlingpeople,
in

Looking at booking 3 nights for 4 people from Nov. 21 - Nov. 24 on Hotwire.

1st hotel lists 3* for $46 in Buena Park - La Mirada - Cerritos area. Amenities include:

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Laundry

Business Center

High Speed Internet

Golf Nearby - and not other amenities are listed when details are checked

2nd hotel lists 3.5* for $49 in Anaheim Disneyland North area. Amenities include:

Non-Smoking rooms

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Laundry

High Speed Internet - and not other amenities are listed when details are checked

I can't see anywhere any mention of resort or parking fees for either BUT I do note that even though the price difference per night is only $3 there is a $7.20 difference in the nightly total which I don't think can be accounted for by slightly higher room taxes. So I am thinking that this might include the resort fees? Also, if I book for 4 adults will there be additional charges for extra persons? The fact that I can list 4 adults before booking is the only reason I am trying Hotwire this time instead of Priceline so I wouldn't be happy to get slammed with extra person fees! Does Hotwire disclose all extra fees upfront such as extra person, resort, parking, etc.?? Or are they just incorporated automatically into the total fees and taxes listed before purchase?

I'm thinking possibly Menage or Arabella for the second 3.4* listing but can't figure out the first 3*? I would think Radisson Suites except that there is no amenity listing for suites, breakfast or tennis as mentioned by other postings on this site. Any other ideas for either of them?

Thanks for the help! I WILL use the link here to bid!!

Since Hotwire allows you to state how many people will stay when you are searching does this mean the quoted price includes all people staying? For example if I choose 4 adults are staying the prices quoted on area hotels is higher than if I search with only 2 adults staying. I assume then that there would be no extra fees for additional quests as long as there ARE 4 of us staying. Is that correct? I have searched high and low on these forums and can't find the answer to this. It's a general question for all dates and not one in particular. If I book for 4 adults they are providing bed space for 4 adults - correct??? With no extra person fees???

Thanks for the help.

We are looking to book hotels in the So Cal area during Thanksgiving week. The first 3 days in Anaheim area. I have had good luck booking online with PL and then phoning and asking for 2 beds because we are bringing our grown kids. Hotels have been very accomodating and have never even charged us! However, I am worried that in the Disneyland area (Anaheim, Buena Park, etc.) that hotels will figure they can easily book 2 bedrooms later and will be less accomodating. Anybody have any experience with this?? Will hotels in this area happily accomodate us adding 2 more adults to the room if I win a bid on Priceline? Thanks for the help, once again?

Since Hotwire allows you to state how many people will stay when you are searching does this mean the quoted price includes all people staying? For example if I choose 4 adults are staying the prices quoted on area hotels is higher than if I search with only 2 adults staying. I assume then that there would be no extra fees for additional quests as long as there ARE 4 of us staying. Is that correct? I have searched high and low on these forums and can't find the answer to this. It's a general question for all dates and not one in particular. If I book for 4 adults they are providing bed space for 4 adults - correct??? With no extra person fees???

Thanks for the help.

HOTWIRE guarantees accommodations for everyone you include in your search, so if you search for quad occupancy you will receive a room which can accommodate four people, with no additional fees regarding the number of guests. This usually means two beds in the room, but the second 'bed' could be a rollaway brought into the room, pullout sofabed, etc.

When using PRICELINE your ability to get a room to accommodate four people, even though all PRICELINE reservations are for double occupancy, had to do with a LOT of factors... hotel occupancy levels, hotel policy, mood of front desk clerk, what is available at time of check-in, etc, etc. Generally speaking a family friendly area such as Anaheim is a little easier then in other locations since the hotels are designed for families and therefore a high percentage of the rooms have two beds in them... it's substantially riskier in an area such as NYC where space is at a premium, rooms are notoriously small, and therefore a high percentage of rooms only have one bed (and little or no room for a rollaway... many hotels in NYC don't even have them on hand)

Let us know once your dates are firm and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Looking at booking 3 nights for 4 people in Anaheim area from Nov. 21 - Nov. 24 on Hotwire.

1st hotel lists 3* $47 Buena Park - La Mirada - Cerritos area. Amenities include:

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Laundry

Business Center

High Speed Internet

Golf Nearby - and no other amenities are listed when details are checked

2nd hotel lists 3.5* $50 Anaheim Disneyland North area. Amenities include:

Non-Smoking rooms

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Laundry

High Speed Internet - and no other amenities are listed when details are checked

I can't see anywhere any mention of resort or parking fees for either BUT I do note that even though the price difference per night is only $3 there is a $7.20 difference in the nightly total which I don't think can be accounted for by slightly higher room taxes. So I am thinking that this might include the resort fees? Also, if I book for 4 adults will there be additional charges for extra persons? The fact that I can list 4 adults before booking is the only reason I am trying Hotwire this time instead of Priceline so I wouldn't be happy to get slammed with extra person fees! Does Hotwire disclose all extra fees upfront such as extra person, resort, parking, etc.?? Or are they just incorporated automatically into the total fees and taxes listed before purchase?

I'm thinking possibly Menage or Arabella for the second 3.4* listing but can't figure out the first 3*? I would think Radisson Suites except that there is no amenity listing for suites, breakfast or tennis as mentioned by other postings on this site. Any other ideas for either of them?

Thanks for the help! I WILL use the link here to bid!!

PS - I had some trouble figuring out WHERE to post so forgive my extra posts until I can figure out how to delete them and I hope I got the format right?

Please keep all discussion of this stay within this thread.

If you are searching for four adults on HOTWIRE, prices for many properties will likely be higher due to extra person charges factored into the higher rates. There will not be added extra person fees on top of that. HOTWIRE allows a max of four per room.

If you search for four adults, you are ensured bedding (which can be 2 beds or 1 + sofabed or other combo) for the whole party.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The 3* La Mirada property is a match for the Knotts Berry Farm Resort while the 3.5* Disneyland North property is a match for Hotel Menage, so this would be my best guess for each.

Resort fees, if any, are payable directly to the hotel. There are a variety of reasons as to why the totals may differ by more than $3/nite, the simplest is that the hotels are in different cities and therefore have a different tax rate or occupancy tax.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]