Priceline Hotel: Resort Maui (Kaanapali-Lahaina) Hyatt Regency

chut1
By chut1,
in

Please follow-up your previous Priceline San Diego thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... then click this PRICELINE link and reply to this thread with the date(s) of your stay, we'll have a look at and comment on your trip above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

sorry for not ending my san diego thread a while back - i have closed it (i think!).

for the maui trip, i am looking to stay from october 8-12, 2011. i have maxed all by bids at $140 based on another thread of getting the hyatt at $135. it doesn't matter where we stay in terms of location but i do want a resort so i can be guaranteed a children's pool etc.

any advice? i have been doing the re-bid strategy of adding locations. thanks.

Can you please add the additional information requested in a reply to your San Diego thread (all the details of your previous purchase can be found in the MY PROFILE >> MY TRIPS link near the top right of PRICELINE's home page)

For Maui, are you only interested in the Ka'anapali-Lahaina zone or have you also bid Wailea-Makena? Is $140 your maximum bid at this point in time?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

i am ok with a resort anywhere on maui so yes, wailea is fine.

i didn't see any 4* hotels on the pinned list so is it ok to add re-bids on the basis that there aren't any in kihei and kaluhui?

No, the only safe way to determine a free-rebid zone is via Priceline. Check only one zone, and make sure none of the buttons at (or higher than) the star level you are bidding goes white. To check another zone, uncheck the previous one first.

The pinned list only shows reports to betterbidding. There may be unreported hotels, new hotels, or hotels with changed star levels.

If you are bidding Resort level, 5* is considered higher.

Romelle

The proper way to determine your re-bid zones is explained here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

When bidding the Resort class in Maui you have TWO re-bid zons, feel free to confirm them with the board or ask additional questions if you're unsure.

Is $140 your maximum bid at this point in time?
???

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

i tried bidding higher last night and was up to $155 but still nothing. i chose resort and then lahaina, rebid with kihei, rebid with kahului, rebid with wailea and went from $140-$155. i was going by one of the posts that someone got the hyatt for $135 in october but because our dates are different, it may not work for me.

do you know if they continually release inventory - does it work to just keep trying every day?

Inventory is constantly updated by hotels based upon occupancy levels, time left to sell vacant rooms, new reservations received, cancellations of existing reservations, etc.

I'm not sure of the exact strategy you employed but this is how i would bid going forward (you can adjust the bid amounts accordingly) assuming both Kaanapali and Wailea are acceptable:

Select Resort Kaanapali...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select Resort Wailea...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select Resort Kaanapali and Wailea...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160

You should be able to make all the bids above in the same day and non will be kicked out as a duplicate. Given your stay is 2 months away inventory will likely change (pricing could get better... but it also could get worse) but no so quickly that you need to bid every day, imo... bidding every 2-3 days should be sufficient at this point in time (if still unsuccessful a month or so before your stay then you can increase the bidding frequency). There is no harm in bidding more often, other then increasing your frustration level :)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Good news. I got the Hyatt for $145/night for 2 rooms and using a $20 bonus cash for October 8-12, 2011.

My bids started at $135 (137.50) for kaanapali - rebid at $140 (142.50) - was asked if I wanted to increase by $32 to $162 and I said no - rebid at $145 (147.50) and got the two rooms.

Thank you very much for your help!

has the royal hawaiian been seen on priceline recently? i'd like to have a hotel that has a kids pool but there are too many choices in the 4* and resort level for waikiki that don't have a kids pool that leads me to think it's too risky. i know the royal hawaiian can use the sheraton's pool area so it seems to be ok.

my budget is $170. is that realistic at all? i have bid that but no luck so far.

thanks.

For future reference, if you enter "royal hawaiian" in the Quick Search box (top center of this page), you will see all the posts that mention it.

To answer your first question, I just did that search, and the last Royal Hawaiian win was a Hotwire - August, 2010. No recent Priceline wins.

Regarding the reasonableness of $170, you'll have to supply your dates. Rates are VERY date-specific.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]