the_chad
By the_chad,
in

Please help me identify the hotel with the following parameters:

Boutique

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Hi speed interwebs

(Nothing in the list thread fit the parameters perfectly)

Also, Based up the advertised rate on Hotwire of $114 per night (with taxes for all days $530), what can i expect bidding to be like using Priceline? Lastly, what should be my first bid?

Thank you very much for your help!

Sorry about the lack of follow ups to the 2 other threads; I incorrectly assumed that having not won a room through PL that no additional information was needed. I will be sure to follow up in the future regardless of outcome. Again, my apologies. I really appreciate the site as well as everyone's help and insight.

I'm seeing a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating on the detail page, so this mystery listing at least does get good reviews. I'm guessing this may be a new amenity set for the Vintage Plaza, or possibly a new/unreported property, such as the Hotel Deluxe or Heathman (or possibly something else.)

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

There are a few possibilities for the HOTWIRE property above, but the Heathman Hotel and the Hotel deLuxe are two of the likely candidates, imo.

Given the $114 rate thru HOTWIRE, how high are you willing to bid for a 4* hotel thru PRICELINE?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

All three of those would be great considering location and amenities. The boutique amenity seems to do a fair amount of narrowing of the field...

Few questions:

1) How often do the prices change on HW (ie what is the likelihood that the price will be different tomorrow or another property be listed)?

2) Is there any other research I can do to help narrow it down?

3) How would this pricing for this mystery boutique property impact any PL bidding?

Well, if it isn't completely obvious, I would not bid more than $114. I do take a little comfort in knowing that it is roughly one of a few properties, considering we want to be as centrally located as possible. I know when i mapped out each hotel listed in the downtown 4* category, there was one outlier to the south east that would not be ideal.

Do you think bidding through PL would secure a similar property for less? If so, how much less?

Thank you again.

1) How often do the prices change on HW (ie what is the likelihood that the price will be different tomorrow or another property be listed)?
Prices can change a little from one search to the next, but this hotel could continued to be offered at about this price from now until your stay OR it could disappear this evening and never be seen again, replaced with a different hotel, which could be higher or lower priced.
2) Is there any other research I can do to help narrow it down?
My guess is the above two and not sure how much further you'll be able to pin this down. Regardless of which property it is, you know the hotel is highly rated with previous HOTWIRE guests and Tripadvisor users... which should provide a high degree of comfort.
3) How would this pricing for this mystery boutique property impact any PL bidding?
If price is the most important factor then you should bid on PRICELINE, if having a guess as to the property being offered, and knowing that the hotel you're about to receive is well reviewed by previous guests, then pay a little more and take the HOTWIRE offer.
Do you think bidding through PL would secure a similar property for less? If so, how much less?
Bidding on PRICELINE will likely be a little cheaper, but you could receive any 4* hotel in the zone (as determined by PRICELINE) and may or may not be as well reviewed as the one above offered by HOTWIRE. If you decide that price is the most important factor, with so many re-bid zones available you can start low and increase gradually up to whatever limit you choose. So you should decide how much you would need to save vs. the $114 rate above to 'risk' receiving a 4* hotel which may not be as well reviewed as the one above... then bid up to that level, if rejected up to that maximum bid, then take the HOTWIRE offer.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and/or how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

I waited a couple more weeks to see what, if anything, changed on the 4* listings for downtown. The amenities changed and the price went up a few dollars.

I have since booked a room at the Ace Hotel and with their cancellation policy of 24hrs, I can continue to monitor HOTWIRE if we decide to take our chances. As it is, Ace is in a great location, very similar in price, and free wifi. 4 nights w/ tax totals $697 (1 room, 2 double beds).

I will update if I cancel to take my chances with HOTWIRE (or PRICELINE).

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]