Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills-West Hollywood) Andaz West Hollywood

MistryMan
By MistryMan,
in

Hi,

I have just tried the following strategy with FOUR rebid zones for Sun Aug 28 - Tues Aug 30 (2 nights)

4* Beverly Hills $80 - 90 - 95 - 100 - 105

4* SM-MDR $90 - 95 - 100 - 105 - 110

4* Beverly Hills + SM-MDR $100 - 115 - 120 - 125 - 130

Any suggestions for strategy?

Max bid would be $150 before I try 3.5*

Max bid for 3.5* would be $125

Thanks

Tried again:

4* Beverly Hills $130 - 135 - 140 - 145 - 146 then

3.5* Beverly Hills + SM-MDR $150

All were rejected.

Need some advice.

Basically, we have 2 nights, and really 1 full day to see the sites in LA (Hollywood sign, studios, Rodeo Drive, walk of stars etc.)

Seems like we might be able to get a deal in Westwood-Century City, but don't know too much about this area.

I thought I could get something for $150 at 3.5* but apparently not.

Also, to see the site, do we need a car or not?

If we can get rid of the rental then I could up the price to stay in a great location relatively closer to sites.

Thanks.

I always use the PRICELINE link

My guess is that you're probably looking at ~$165-$185 for a 4* property for these nites... what is the best deal you're able to find thru conventional booking channels?

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the advice.

Will definitely try the same strategy but splitting up the dates.

May work out even better as we can spend different times in different parts of the city.

Might be able to get a cheaper hotel for the night before we leave at LAX.

I'll let you know how it goes.

I will forever use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to book my travel purchases.

Bid 4* Beverly Hills-West Hollywood + Santa Monica-Marina Del Ray $160 for Aug 28-30 and accepted for Andaz West Hollywood!

After many days of bidding and multiple frustrations, I am very happy with this result as it seems like a triple threat: great hotel, killer location and awesome deal.

I'd love to hear any feedback on the result.

thanks,

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]