Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas North / South Strip ( 10/10-10/12 ) AND ( 10/14 to 10/16)

derazor
By derazor,
in

Did some investigations using hotwire as a benchmark the rates returned as below.

On the 10/14 to 10/16 dates, there are no 5* hotels available? Is it sold out?

As I'd be going to Las Vegas "twice", I would love to stay at a 5* on at least one of the occasion.

Pls advise strategy. Do I still have ample time?

I would always support this site using the links that are provided and also would recommend my friends too. You guys are the pros.

Thanks in advance. :)

Las Vegas

10/10 - 10/12

North 5* $140

North 4* $114

South 5* $152

South 4.5* $240

South 4* $107

10/14 to 10/16

South 4.5* $240

South 4* $107

Please use separate threads for each leg of your trip.

We'll use this thread for your 10/10-10/12 stay, feel free to start a NEW TOPIC for your 10/14-10/16 stay.

For 10/10-10/12, what would be your maximum bid for a 5* property? Is the Trump (5* Strip North Condo) an option for you or a property/zone you want to avoid (it's not located directly on the strip)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and your searches too... please click this PRICELINE link before replying)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry that I left out the budget. Maybe about $100 - $120.

... but above you have already bid up to $152 for a 5* hotel, correct? Have you since lowered your budget?? (as i think $120 will probably be too low... but i do think $150 would be enough)

Please confirm and we'll suggest a strategy accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have not started to bid for Vegas yet.

The rates that I posted below are the hotwire rates that I used to benchmark. So I was thinking to start at $100. What do you think?

Las Vegas rates from Hotwire 10/10 - 10/12

North 5* $140

North 4* $114

South 5* $152

South 4.5* $240

South 4* $107

The North 5* on HOTWIRE for these dates would appear to be the Trump, which is in a different zone, so it would not be a good indicator for 5* North Strip prices. The 5* North Strip prices for properties such as the Wynn, Venetian and Palazzo showing on the regular rate side of HOTWIRE are extremely high for these dates - as high as $600 - so 5* North will likely require a very high bid (if there is even any inventory), but starting at $100 and working higher by $5's would be more realistic for a 5* South Strip (although I think it's most likely going to take higher than that) for these dates.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]