Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium-Loop-Grant Park) Palmer House Hilton

cpo
By cpo,
in

4* Chicago (Millenium-Loop-Grant Park) Palmer House Hilton, $85 ... 9/1/11-9/5/11

Tried to get a hotel for 9/2/11-9/5/11 and bid several times through multiple accounts and attempts starting at $75, finally Priceline came back to me at $121 per night for three nights. Checked the price on Hotwire (used your link for all the searches on multiple accounts and servers and the purchase) for four nights and the price dropped dramatically. Got 4 nights cheaper than they were offering me three nights for and waaaay cheaper than 3 nights on Hotwire.

Chicago Jazz Festival is just a couple blocks away from the hotel. I love the Palmer House Hilton (stayed there before). Very happy. We'll just drive in Thursday night late and fall in bed exhausted :)

Anyone have ideas for the best parking garage (safety/price) near the Palmer House Hilton?

Wooo hoo, Chicago for Labor Day weekend!!!!!!

As per the topic title, the winning bid parameters were:

Stars: 4*

Zone: Loop

Bid Price: $85

You can try the above parameters, but no telling if you will get the same deal and/or hotel (your dates are slightly different and it's been over a week since this deal was won)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Parking at Palmer House Hilton, whopping $61 a night!! Even if we wanted the car (and who would in Chicago) and left the lot and re-entered we would still be ahead. Even if we took a cab to and from the lot (again, who would it is only 3 blocks) we would be ahead. I have used this lot when staying at another hotel in Chicago, farther away so we did taxi from lot to hotel but still waaay ahead on price.

Done this many times before in other cities, husband drops me at hotel with bags, I check in, get the bags to the room and make sure all is well. He parks and by the time he is back I have unpacked and have the room to the temperature he likes, win-win for all :)

Parking at Palmer House Hilton, whopping $61 a night!!

Woah, that's gone up! Glad the Millennium Park/Grant Park lots are still a more reasonable alternative nearby.

If you don't feel like going far, I often recommend Flat Top Grill, which isn't high-end, but is higher-end fast food - you choose your own ingredients, they fry them up and you can continue (if you choose) to go back again and again. Coupons on the website if you sign up for their email program. Fun, different fast food experience if you don't want to venture far. I believe this location also offers breakfast (http://www.flattopgrill.com/locations.html#Illinois)

Hey, thanks for the restaurant recommendation! We are going to do a couple nicer restaurants but always need a good, fresh meal alternative. You can only take so much Chicago pizza. Trying, very hard to get a reservation at the Girl and the Goat. Might have a table, using my husband's 50th birthday and they are working on it. Also saw great reviews for the Publican. Both on the higher end but not the $50 a plate swanky restaurants.

Check out http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/the...d-winners-.html

It lists the Michelin Bib Gourmand winners for 2010. Basically good, cheap (er) eats!

I'd suggest keeping an eye on Groupon, Living Social, Travelzoo Local and Restaurant.com, as the local services do often offer deals on downtown restaurants, and Restaurant.com often has coupons. Please use the site's Restaurant.com link.

Flat Top Grill is really more of an instance of if you wanted something fun/casual and didn't feel like going far - it's about a block from your hotel.

In terms of Pizza, I like Giordano's and Lou Malnati's - I don't like Uno's; their pizza is good, but I hate the wait during busier periods and the place feels cramped - some may call it "atmosphere" and that's fine, but it's just not for me. I think some "non-pizza centric" places also offer good pizza, such as Quartino, an Italian restaurant on State.

I'll also recommend the newer Rick Bayless (Frontera Grill) casual restaurant, Xoco, as well as breakfast at North side institution Ann Sather on Belmont, although definitely go there with an empty stomach. Fox and Obel (fox-obel.com) is a Dean and Deluca-like market near Navy Pier, with a very nice cafe and a market that's fun to browse through (and great for finding a few treats to carry throughout the rest of the day) I've heard good things about Girl and the Goat, as well as Purple Pig. Everest is a good high-end choice with the unique bonus of a high-end/epic view on the 40th floor of the Stock Exchange building. There's always hot Doug's for hot dogs, but it's a bit difficult to get out to.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]