Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (NMA-Water Tower-Gold Coast) W Lakeshore

nataliet
By nataliet,
in

I have't done any bidding yet.

I would like a 4* in the Millenium Park area and I am willing to go up to $110 inclusive - preferably a hotel with a pool.

I saw the Swissotel went for the price for the same night and would be happy with that.

I would like Michigan Avenue area too

Please let me know how to proceed with bidding.

Thank you!

Note that the the other user how won the Swissotel for this nite paid $110 before taxes and fees and you're looking for $110 'all-in', which is about a $90 bid price... so the other user's win may be outside of your budget.

Assuming your goal is the least expensive 4* hotel in either the Loop or NMA zone, i would try as follows:

At the 4* level you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* NMA and Loop...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd still suggest trying the above bidding structure.

Note that with PRICELINE you are trying to get the least expensive 4* that will accept a bid, and there's no way to know which that may be on your dates. Trying to bid higher to get a different hotel will quite possibly only result in overbidding for the hotel you would have gotten for less anyways.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you Aaron -

There is also a 3 1/2 * in Mag Mile Streeterville - 2 adults 2 children 8/13 to 8/15

$139/night same amenities as the 4*

Which do you think that is and which do you think is better in your opinion?

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Highspeed Internet Access

Also I might try Priceline again after the 24 hours - what would my bidding strategy be if I went up to $150 for Mag mile?

If I got rejected yesterday (uo to $130) is it possible to get something today?

Thank you!

The 3.5* property matches previous reports for the Doubletree Mag Mile so that would be my best guess for this one.

If you want to bid PRICELINE up to $150, please confirm if you're only bidding the NMA-River North zone OR if you're still including the Loop in your bids and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think there are very nice properties at both levels, and only a couple of more "so-so" possibilities (the Allerton at the 3.5* and the Sheraton at the 4*) Do keep in mind that if you bid 3.5*, you can be upgraded to 4*. If you have bid up to $130 for a 4* in the NMA-River North area, I do think that the 4* level in the Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park area would be cheaper; there's a 4* in the Loop on HOTWIRE (likely the Palmer) for $111 on HOTWIRE. If you do want to continue with the NMA area only though, I don't think you're far off from a win - I'd be surprised if you were not successful between $135-145.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I was going to go with your suggestion and take the 4* at $111 - I put in all of my information and hit confirm and got a message that the room was no longer available - ARGH!!!

I couldn't find much for that night so I moved it to Sunday 8/14 and Monday 8/15 nights instead since I figured there would be more available. I took the $110 in NMA and it was the W. Reading your descriptions I figured it was going to be the W or the Intercontinental.

4* - 2 adults and 2 children $110 - W Chicago Lakeshore - $262 with tax for 2 nights

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

High Speed internet

Spa Services

Thanks for your help!

Congrats on your success. :)

Glad you were able to move dates - this is really a tremendously good deal for this W property. I often recommend the Fox and Obel Market and Cafe (fox-obel.com), which is a few minutes SW at the corner of McClurg and Illinois.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]