PDX to PHL

StacyC75
By StacyC75,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Although i haven't looked at the airline product in some time, here is a re-bid technique for their airline product (at least it used to work, make sure you double check the confirm screen for the airports you are willing to select!!)

In your example, submit a search for PDX to PHL... once you opt to "choose your own price" you have five options for arrival airport:

Philadelphia Intl, PA (PHL)

Atlantic City Intl, NJ (ACY)

Newark Intl, NJ (EWR)

Trenton - Mercer, NJ (TTN)

Allentown - Lehigh Valley Intl, PA (ABE)

Select PHL and continue your bid.

If rejected.... close that browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Do another search, but this time search for PDX to ACY (the next airport in the list). Once again select "choose your own price" and on the next screen once again select PDX to PHL (make sure ACY is not checked). In the past this was not seen as a duplicate bid since you began the initial search with different airports than you had previously.

If the above works (as it did previously) you will then be able to bid on this route five times, increasing your bid each time.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to follow up on this. I did try bidding, starting with $175 a ticket, increasing each bid by $15-$25 each time, up to $250 per person and lost each time. At that point I was getting so close to my original quote at $990 total, and saving $100 at that range and not controlling my flights was not a good deal to me personally.

I eventually booked a SouthWest deal into BWI for $307 one way for the three of us, and a flight out of PHL for $557. I end up coming in a couple days earlier than planned, but have a friend in Silver Springs and I've never been to DC so I'm happy to see sites. The good news is at that price I get to stay with the other friend in NJ longer. So it worked out well for me.

However I'll be using the hotel tips to find a good deal on a hotel to stay in DC for those couple days :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]