Priceline Hotel: 4* Paris (Eiffel Tower-Porte Versailles-Montparnasse) Pullman Eiffel

bmg
By bmg,
in

I have been watching and studying the bids for Paris for several weeks. I was beginning to get antsy either though I had some time to acquire a room. It seems that the prices would never go down. However, with my bid and another winning one within the last week it does seem that prices may be going down. My bidding history was:

5* @ 125.00 rejected Champ Elysees waited and rebid for same area

*5 @ 130.00 rejected Champ Elysees, read some more and decided that the price of $140.00 was unreasonable for a *5 so then decided to add *4

added *4, @140.00 rejected Champ Elysees and Eiffel Tower

*4 at 150.00 Champ Elysees and Eiffel Tower rejected waited to rebid for same area

*4 at 160.00 Champ Elysees and Eiffel Tower rejected , waited to rebid for same area

*4 at 170.00 rejected Champ Elysees and Eiffel Tower waited to rebid for same area

*4 at 180.00 rejected Champ Elysees and Eiffel Tower waited to rebid for same area

*4 at 185.00 accepted Champ Elysees and Eiffel Tower

I am a bit disapointed because I did see today that someone won a bid earlier in the week for about 135.00 in another area. Don't you always want to get the lowest price, but that does not always happen. My husband and I talked and decided that based on earlier information that in October the rates appear to be a bit higher to bid at a higher rate so I went for it at $185.00. That being said, based on Hotline prices using this link for a *4 star at $256.00 this is still cheaper. I wanted to share my experience since I have put some work into this process and others may have luck and can develop a strategy to win a bid, maybe even getting it a bit cheaper. I love the feedback from that is received via this site.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board... sorry you're disappointed in the outcome.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the name of the hotel you received so we can add thsi information to the topic title.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

True I was the one with the priceline win at the Pullman Rive Gauche for 9/9 and 9/10 at $130 each. You are right its further down. I guess we will spend most day in city for those days and not do much of back & forth. Surprisingly enough the prices through conventional booking are insane at Pullman Rive. Its more in business district it seems by Expo and MSFT/CSCO offices. (kind of like Embarcadero Center area in San Fran).. lets see how it goes.. Pullman Tour is awesome location.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]