Priceline Hotel: Help with 1 night in Honolulu for airport layover

joeblowswest
By joeblowswest,
in

Hi Everyone,

I fly into Honolulu from the mainland and need to spend 1 night in Honolulu as a sort of layover before carrying on to Lihue. Can anyone share suggestions or experiences bidding for a hotel that will get us to and from the airport with relative ease? We fly in fairly late night and will fly out early so amenities like pool, etc are not important, but I'd still like the hotel to be nice, clean and "desirable" to keep the ambiance of our trip. I'm looking for <$120 / night. Specific questions are what region should I look at, and do you think I'd be safe bidding for 3.5 or 4* in the area?

Thanks!

The 'problem' is that the hotels near the airport are not really that nice... as an example, in PRICELINE's Airport zone the highest rated hotel is only 2 stars. The next closest zone(s) are at least a taxi ride (20+ minutes) or rental car away... are you willing to spend money on a taxi to get to Waikiki? It's been a few years since i've been to Oahu, but i would guess a taxi is currently about $35 each way... there are shuttles for ~$10/pp but then you're also stopping at other hotels to drop-off other passengers (which takes time)

What i'm guessing to be the Hawaii Prince is available for under $100/nite for your dates, which is in the Marina section, all rooms have a view of the water, but it's not on the beach... although it's a 'moderate' walk to the beach if you have the time.

Let us know your thoughts regarding the above being an option given the transportation costs and your short time in the area.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]