Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Newark (Jersey City) Courtyard by Marriott

Arista
By Arista,
in

Oy. The bidding process for this was so long and complicated I'm sure I'll forget some steps, but here goes.

I started out about ten days ago, bidding for JC, starting with 3* and going down to 2.5*. My first bid was, I think, $55, and as the 72 hours passed I upped the dollar amounts ever higher as time got nearer. Tonight, on the eve of my intended departure, I bid up to $91 for 2.5* for both nights, and was rejected. I then tried 4* and 3* in New York (MTW and CPS), $115 and $121 -- rejected.

So I tried for Saturday night (6/4) only in JC, starting with $115 for 3* (rejected), then -- tada! -- winning the Marriott Courtyard for $121.

Then I tried for Friday night. When I bid $121 for 3*, I got a $143 counter-offer, which I rejected. Instead, I lowered my star rating to 2.5, and got the Marriott again.

Whew! :)

While this was going on, I had a window open to book the Marriott directly through their website at $139.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]