Priceline Hotel: 3* Orange County (Anaheim South-Garden Grove) Holiday Inn Resort

azhorses
By azhorses,
in

Bid yesterday:

Dates of travel: October 2-8, 2011

Disneyland South-GG 4* - $50

Disneyland South-GG 3.5* -$51

Disneyland South-GG 3* - $53

Disneyland North & South 4* - $65

Disneyland North & South 3.5* - $66

Any tips? Priceline rejected all offers outright. Looking at recent bid history, looks like I should have been able to get something in these ranges. Am I bidding too early before trip? I would think beginning of October would be somewhat off-season and possibly good rates.

I don't want to go lower than 3.5* on Disneyland North and lower than 3* Disneyland South. Even at that, there are a couple hotels I wouldn't be as happy with, but willing to take a chance. I know MANY of these tack on wi-fi, parking, resort fees, etc., and some don't include breakfast so don't want to go much higher than about $70/nt, in case I have to cough up another $20+ a night in "extra" fees. (I hate all those silly fees they tack on to nickle and dime people!!)

Thanks for any tips.

Jill

Follow-up...

Decided to try again today. Won $68/nt for Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort Area. VERRY disappointed, I was bidding on Anaheim Disneyland South-GG, and this hotel was listed under the North 3* hotels, which I was avoiding because I didn't like many of them. So, for some reason, I got stuck with this place, gets poor reviews so hoping it isn't a total dump. First time I've been really disappointed using Priceline, we scored a gorgeous Hilton on the beach hotel last year in San Diego, at a GREAT price, and really excellent prices in the past on other bids. This time, PL is hardly cheaper than booking directly, I paid an additional $30/nt to upgrade to a room with a kids area that has bunkbeds so at $98/nt not a bargain. Lists this hotel as 3* but photos make it look more like 2* or maybe 2.5*.

Keep this in mind when bidding!! Would have been happy with ANY of the 3*, 3.5*, or 4* hotels actually listed in the Disneyland South/Garden Grove area, what a let down to get a "North" area hotel.

So recap,

October 2-October 8, 2011, $68/nt Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort Area - Anaheim (Disneyland South - Garden Grove)

:) Bleh.

Anyone actually been to this hotel that can make me feel less worried? I don't want to ruin the vacay with a crummy room.

~Jill

I don't know anything about that hotel, but just from my experience in bidding in those areas, I have had the best results waiting the last week or two before the trip when you are going off-season, which October would be for Disneyland. Hope it works out for you!

Sorry to see you received a hotel that you were expecting. However, overall reviews for this property are good with a 4.0/5.0 Tripadvisor rating, so i wouldn't be expecting a 'total dump'. In the hotel list it is indicated that this property is located in the South zone:

3* Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort (South Manchester Ave) REVIEW (ZONE: Anaheim South - Orange - Garden Grove)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hope this property works better then you anticipate.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]