Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) City Club Hotel

almohizea
By almohizea,
in

hey there...

been coming here recently and this forum helped me for other bookings for which i am great; but for a month now i am stuck trying to find a hotel in new york for september for the period 20-24 next month

i tried and i want a hotel of 4* class, in midtown east or time square, least is midtown west,,, i tried the rebidding thing and went as high as 300$!!!!!!!! but still no luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any help would be appreciated, i would like to get a good deal, the cheaper the better, like in the 200-250$ but am really desperate :)

i know my friend got the W NY hotel for 170$! during may and he booked just 1 month in advance, i have been at this for a month now but no luck...

1 last thing, it's my 1st time in NY, anything in particular that goes on during the period i will be staying?? like a specific show or convention??

thanks in advance...

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Posting other wins would be greatly appreciated, as the information - even if for past wins - can help others.

September starts the busier season in NYC, which lasts until mid-December. I'm not sure if there's a specific event going on on these dates, but as of this point, based upon regular rates and HOTWIRE rates, you're likely looking at likely around $315-330 for a 4* in MTE/TS.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

been coming here recently and this forum helped me for other bookings for which i am great
It would be appreciated if you shared your wins with the board so that the information can help others... just as you have been helped by those who posted before you :)

Please read your messages and click this PRICELINE link, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your stay above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

mine and my friend:

COSTA MESA 3.5 * , 65$ X 8 nights :) = wyndham hotel , costs around 130 regular price..

SAN FRANC. 4* GRAND HAYAT 187 $, NOV-2011

LAS VEGAS 5* SOUTH VICINITY STRIP, VDARA FOR 3 SEPEARATE BIDS, GOT IT FOR 75/80/81 :)

NOW I want to ADD NY TO THIS LIST

PLEAAAAASE HELLLLLLP.... EVEN HOTWIRE HAS IT AROUND 400-450$

I WOULD LIKE TO STAY IN MTE OR TS,,, ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS? GOING WITH THE FAMILY THATS WHY I WANTED THESE TWO AREAS...

THANKS...

COSTA MESA 3.5 * , 65$ X 8 nights :) = wyndham hotel , costs around 130 regular price..

SAN FRANC. 4* GRAND HAYAT 187 $, NOV-2011

LAS VEGAS 5* SOUTH VICINITY STRIP, VDARA FOR 3 SEPEARATE BIDS, GOT IT FOR 75/80/81Please post of these wins separately in the appropriate state category... nobody will know to look here, in the New York Forum, to learn about your wins in Costa Mesa, San Francisco, and Las Vegas.

GOING WITH THE FAMILY...
Are you bidding for one room? If so, how many adults/children will you be? PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it is at the discretion of the hotel, but NYC hotels typically have a high percentage of rooms with only one bed, and rooms with two beds is often considered an upgrade, that it's fairly risky using PRICELINE in NYC when you need more than double occupancy per room (HOTWIRE may still be an option though as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

PS- please don't type in ALL CAPS as it makes your post harder to read. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

2 adults... 1 room

its a romantic getaway for me and wifey, passing through couple of other places then on to NY

need a room, in MTE or TS, as i was told it is the best places to see NY, near all the great attractions...

wouldn't mind an area around these two with 4* hotels...

Sep 20-24

thanks...

Midtown NYC is so compact, the zones adjacent to one another, and mass transit relatively inexpensive and easily accessible, that for the most part (there are a few caveats) within midtown precise location isn't really that important. For the average user, MTE, MTW, CPS, TS and ESB all are typically considered convenient and work well for the average user when bidding 4* (some zones might want to be avoided at less than 4*)

Regardless of whether you decide to include other zones or not, at the moment $300 is not enough for a 4* in MTE and/or Times Square. So your choices come down to:

-wait it out and hope for lower prices in the weeks ahead

-lower your star rating

-add other zones

-split your bid (see: SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID for more info)

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

-if i wait it out, would the prices decrease? from what i understand they do increase...
Nobody can say if rates will go up or down while you wait, it all depends upon how actual hotel demand (new reservations and cancellations) come in relative to expected hotel demand. See the 'Bid Early or Close to Check-in' link in our PRICELINE FAQ.
-if i lowered my rating, like a 3.5 or 3*, how much would they come down to? in MTE & TS
Probably not much change for a 3.5*... perhaps a little lower (mid/high-$200's) for a 3*. However, you can use re-bid zones to start low and gradually move higher.
-you recommend HK? MTW?
It depends upon the star level you're bidding, at the 4* level the 'core' zones are typically: MTE, MTW, CPS, TS and ESB. At the 3.5* level some MTE properties can be up to a 15 minute walk to the subway and at the 3.5* level in CPS is the Hudson hotel which has notoriously small rooms (even by NYC standars) so some choose to avoid these zones at 3.5* and under... others don't have an issue with these aspects. So at 3.5* the core zones are MTE, MTW, CPS, TS, ESB and MSG... although some may choose to exclude MTE and/or CPS based upon the previous comments.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Well,

THE DEAL IS "is in the Bag!" :)

PRICELINE Links were used :o

went HIGH!

loooooong story, to make it short; bid at 340$ for MTE,MTW,TS

told to raise it to 412$ :s and the deal is mine

went with the rebidding strategy, raised to 350-375-385 in this order, and ended up with:

City Club Hotel 4*

385$, 1866$ total with taxes :)

Sep 20-24

told i saved 17%

thanks for the help guys...

Sorry to see this proved to be such an expensive stay, but i believe the UN is in session during the dates and that always reeks havoc on the NYC hotel market.

Hope you're ultimately happy with the hotel received and this central location will work well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]