Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Elizabeth - Newark Airport EWR) Wyndham

Noela
By Noela,
in

Hi,

I am visiting Newark, NJ for two days - starting tomorrow. I will love to stay in the airport area preferably at a 2.5* hotel like the country inn suites.

I have already tried bidding once, following a strategy posted earlier.

I started with Jersey City area, at a minimum of 40 and was rejected.

I am willing to pay about 37-40 per night.

What strategy should I follow now?

sincerely, Noela

Exactly what star levels and bid amounts did you make (please post the entire process in the exact order so we know if you even are able to bid again, and if so, how)

It's hindsight, but it's not recommended to use a strategy posted elsewhere and/or for dates other than your own, as strategies are based upon current hotel rates and are date specific.... doing so can easily result in an overbid or wasted bidding opportunities.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I bid for the highest #3.5* in the JC area, and tried only once - $40. It tried to look for a hotel for me, and couldn't find one, hence sent me the usual email saying your bid was rejected.

I came back in added Newark airport area, adding a 2.5* zone, and suggested $41 - it warned me that it was not going to be acceptable, so I did not go ahead with the bid.

thanks for the reminder to not follow others strategies.

cheers - N

To clarify... Priceline does not have 3.5* rated hotels, did you bid 3* in the Jersey City area?

That was your only bid for this stay... you did not make any other bids for the above dates.

In order to move forward, do you have a preference as to Newark or Jersey City? My take is that Jersey City is much nicer and things to do in the area, but it sounds like you have meetings/approintments in the Newark area.

Do you have a maximum bid?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I bid the highest in the Jersey city area - so that must be 3*, and that was my only bid for the day.

Really, I have no preference for either place. I am willing to pay $45 max for one night. Any rating between 2.5* and 3* - should be ok - like the Country Inn Suites in EWR area.

cheers - Noela

There is an (Elizabeth-Newark Airport) and a (Newark-Newark Airport) zone... the following assumes that both are acceptable to you.

Select 2.5* Elizabeth-Newark EWR

Bid $40, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* Newark-Newark EWR

Bid $40, if rejected add Elizabeth-Newark EWR...

Bid $45.

Post back after the above and we'll provide further details if not successful.

Any questions feel free to ask. Good Luck.

The strategy that will follow will likely eliminate the chances of your bidding again for this stay, so are you sure you don't want to raise your bid first for a 2.5* hotel in the above areas (for which you can still bid again) before lowering your star rating to 2 stars?

If the above is not successful, will you then look towards a different area or what type of back-up plan do you have?

Sometimes, when I'm in NJ airport area for my routine visits, I stay at EconoLodge (Elizabeth) or HowardJohnson and pay about 62/night or HowardJohnson at - with taxes, it comes to close to 66.

I wanted something better quality than EconoLodge, but at roughly the same price range. I thought by pegging my max bid at 50, i could still get by with around 140 for the 2 day stay.

So, I could still increase my bid a bit, so long as I can get something around $65 range tax / fees inclusize. Is it possible anywhere? I am sending you an IM message too.

cheers - N

Now that i've learnt my lesson....re acceptable bid and what MAX i am willing to bid, I want to try split bidding.

I just tried and bid $40 for Elizabeth-Newark for just one night (friday night) - it went through and rejected it - but it didn't give me the usual warning that i need to wait or change my bidding zones.

I was thinking of following the strategies you suggested, and up my bidding till about $55 and see what gives.

I can then do the same for the second night, and wouldn't mind chaning hotels/motels?

adviceable?

thanks for the efforts - N

This is all for the first nite:

Select 2.5* Elizabeth-Newark EWR

Bid $40, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

(you alredy made this bid :) )

Select 2.5* Newark-Newark EWR

Bid $50, if rejected add Elizabeth-Newark EWR...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

If that is rejected....

Select 2.5* Jersey City...

Bid $55, if rejected add Elizabeth-Newark EWR...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* Jersey City and Newark-Newark EWR...

Bid $60, if rejected add Elizabeth-Newark EWR...

Bid $65.

Thereuare:

Finally got it !!

I followed your instructions and:

Selecte 2.5* Jersey City...

I bid $55, it was rejected, so I added add Elizabeth-Newark EWR..., and it was accepted and upgraded to a 3*

with taxes it came to $70 for the first night.

What options do i have now for the second night? Should I try to add it now using the same booking strategies? OR should i start a new booking outright?

I am inclined to follow the same strategy you suggested above and get a different hotel for one more night just for comparison purposes - BTW, I had stayed at Wyndham before and liked it, but would want to sample other hotels around the airport area.

would you recommend this for the second night.

and how do i change my subject line to reflect the win?

thanks - N

cheers - Noela

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]