Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Orange County (Disneyland-Garden Grove) Crowne Plaza Anaheim

seabunky
By seabunky,
in

Anaheim Disneyland South 3*

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Laundry (Self Service)

High Speed Internet

Tennis Nearby

Recommended by 90%

Sun, Aug 28 to Wed, Aug 31 ($58/night) 2 Adults & 1 Child

My first thought would be the Doubletree at 100 The City Drive - But I really thought the last time I got it, it was a 3-1/2*

(But then that was probably through Priceline and they rate differently, right?)

Thanks for your help :)

aw that would be a bummer for me. Not really interested in the Holiday Inn. It looks they have the same amenities, except that the Doubletree lists tennis courts and Holiday Inn doesn't. If I decide to take a chance on it, I will post which it is. :)

I am finding several Holiday Inns in Anaheim. Does anyone know which one this would be?

The one on Manchester Ave.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thank you for your help. I don't think I want to go for this one. I will be trying name your own price through priceline. I will post results there. I know there is no guarantee there either, on which hotel I get, but I'll take my chances. :)

I've been bidding for a stay in Anaheim and getting shot down. I have been bidding low (up to $55 in general) as we are still 3 weeks out from our stay and have time to play around with it. I will post what I've done so far and keep it updated, any strategies appreciated.

Dates of stay: 8/28-8/31

1 Room - 3.5*

7/31/11

$51 Disneyland South

$53 (added Anaheim Hills)

$54 (added Laguna Beach)

$55 (added Seal Beach)

-declined

Repeated same strategy & prices on:

8/2/11

8/3/11

8/4/11

8/5/11

$53 Disneyland South

$55 (added Anaheim Hills)

$56 (added Laguna Beach)

$57 (added Seal Beach)

-declined

I don't think you're too far off, but will probably need to increase a bit between $59-$65. As your bidding up to your current limits there's not much more to suggest in the way of a strategy, but it's up to you how quickly you increase your bidding limit.

Keep us updated in this thread and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Update:

I guess I will slowly increase my bid

8/7/11

$53 Disneyland South

$57 (added Laguna Beach)

$59 (added Seal Beach)

-declined

8/8/11

$53 Disneyland South - Was offered the chance to try again right away if I went $71. I declined the offer & continued

$57 (added Laguna Beach)

$59 (added Seal Beach)

-declined

I will try same each night this week and raise the amount next week.

I just wanted to let you know, because I was also trying to think of what price I would need to beat this price at Red Lion, that there is a special right now for $99/night and includes parking ($14/night) and free breakfast (kids are always free but 2 adult breakfasts would be $20...and it is a good hot breakfast buffet). So, if you need to park a car you would need to get the room for less than $65 on a priceline bid to even EQUAL that rate. We have won Red Lion twice on that area and star category...that is how we found out we like it. If you aren't getting accepted at $59 I think I will stick with what our current reservation directly through Red Lion. My dates are same week as yours.

I was able to find a special posted by someone that when clicked, credited your PRICELINE account with $25 ($5/day) Bonus cash.

I bid my same dates, 3.5* starting with Anaheim South at:

$53 + $5 bonus cash

then added:

Anaheim Hills: $55 + $5 bonus cash

Laguna Beach: $57 + $5 bonus cash

Seal Beach: $59 + $5 bonus cash

and got the Anaheim Crowne Plaza, starting with the BB PRICELINE link of course.

Could a mod please change the title to reflect?

Thank you so much for your help.

IamMrsOz, thank you for your suggestion. I would have kept it in mind if we got too close to our travel date with no reservations. I hope you have a much fun as we hope to. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]