Priceline Hotel: 4* Dublin (City Centre South) Hilton

hootio
By hootio,
in

First off, thanks again for all the tips and information posted on this site by all the members and administrators. Of course, I used the Priceline link on this site and won the following:

4*

Hilton Dublin

3 Nights (Oct 2-5th, 2011)

7/18/2011 - $65 Rejected

7/19/2011 - $70 Rejected

7/20/2011 - $71 Rejected

7/21/2011 - $72 Rejected

7/22/2011 - $73 Rejected

7/23/2011 - $74 Rejected

7/25/2011 - $75 Rejected

7/26/2011 - $77 Rejected

7/28/2011 - $77 Success!

Market Price: $160/night

Seeing as my previously rejected bid of $77 (with no counter offers) was exactly the same as my winning bid...it might be the case that some rooms have been just put up on the PRICELINE block for Dublin? Either way, patience and persistance seems to pay off.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were successful and not too far from where you originally started bidding.

While it's possible that lower priced inventory was recently added, my guess is that that 'right' price was somewhere around this area the entire time and your probably hit a slightly stronger dollar on 7/28 vs. when you bid on 7/26, and the marginal difference was enough to push you over the top.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]