Priceline Hotel: Bidding Strategies for NYC (Soho or MTE) 4* 09/14/11 - 09/18/11

James9394
By James9394,
in

Hi guys,

I am looking for strategies for bidding a 4* hotel in either Soho or Midtown East for 09/14/11 - 09/18/11.

We have tried both areas up to $250/night, but have been unsucessful. :)

I know that prices are based on dates, but unfortunately, we have already booked the flight.

Any suggestions???

Good morning. :)

Sorry to hear that the bidding has been unsuccessful. Unfortunately, September starts a busy/expensive period in NYC that lasts until mid-Dec.

A couple questions/notes:

In terms of Soho, are you okay with being potentially anywhere within the Downtown-Soho-Financial District zone?

What would be your desired max budget per night?

Are you only interested in Downtown-Soho-Financial/MTE?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi,

This will be our frist trip to NYC and we wanted to stay in an areas that have been recommended to us (MTE and Soho). I think, as long as the hotel is in a convenient location, we would be ok.

Our requirements are: 4* and $250/night max.

We were considering stay in Jersey City and taking the PATH, but we'd rather not rely on a train.

A couple questions/notes:

In terms of Soho, are you okay with being potentially anywhere within the Downtown-Soho-Financial District zone?

This will be our frist trip to NYC and we wanted to stay in an areas that have been recommended to us (MTE and Soho). I think, as long as the hotel is in a convenient location, we would be ok.

While the Soho area may have been recommended to you, note that the Downtown-Soho zone is much larger then just Soho, so you might end up outside of Soho, in the Financial District or somewhere else in the zone.

Also, i don't necessarily agree with the zones which have been recommended to you. For the average users bidding 4 stars, most of midtown is more convenient then Downtown... Downtown is certainly do-able, for the right price, but midtown is typically a better choice for most users, unless they have specific needs to be in the Downtown area. I'm not sure how much it will help (since rates are high across the board), but i'd sooner bid MTE, MTW, TS, CPS and ESB up to your bidding limit, then if that is rejected, you can start over and add Downtown to the mix.

Ultimately it's your stay so you need to be comfortable with the areas you bid, but the above would be my advice.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 11 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]