Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip South) Vdara

kmkmr
By kmkmr,
in

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to this forum. Yet I did a lot of researches about how rebidding works already, but I still have a question regarding the pricing.

So I see people go for $85 bid and get accepted for a strip south 5*, then if I place a $120 bid, then I should be able to get accepted on the first bid right?

But how come I still see members get rejected?

For example:

a member placed a bid for $140.

gets rejected and using rebidding by adding more non-5 star zone. and gets rejected for 3-4 times more before getting accepted at $140 again.

And someone can just try once to bid at $85 and get accepted. This makes me confused a little bit...

Please help me out so I can bid tomorrow.

Thanks

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Rates can vary significantly from day-to-day - one user may be successful at $85 for one set of dates, but another user may not be able to get anything up to $125 for the same star rating and zone a week later. Every bid is a case-by-case situation.

If you would like assistance with your stay, please provide your dates of travel, desired zones/budget and star rating.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

my travel date is from august 30 to sept. 2. So 4 days and 3 nights

my bids are looking at below $100 for a 5* strip north (preferably) then south, then north condo(ie. trump international)

please help me since I will start my bids starting tomorrow and use rebidding strategy for 11 zones.

thanks a lot guys

This isn't terribly scientific, but maybe it will help you make sense of what $$ wins when.

I checked rates on Hotwire for your three dates.

5* Strip North

8/31 $90

9/1 $87

9/2 $126

So your Friday night stay is about a 1/3 more expensive than your Wednesday and Thursday.

The other thing - always a good idea to check the Las Vegas hotel rates on their own web sites. You can do several of them on the Las Vegas Checker top above, and there are links to more under the Support/Travel tab center above. I've personally experienced having to bid higher to win a Las Vegas hotel than I would have had to pay if I had gone directly through their web site.

Romelle

I actually used up all my 11 free bids to get a strip north.

ranging from 85 to 105.

I guess I need to wait till tomorrow for a bid? Then I will try a $120 bid once since that's my maximum and if that doesn't go well... I will go for strip south starting at $85 again.

And how come the median retail price went from 153 to 179 in just 2 hours? does that mean I should make a higher bid now?

The usual advice for those "median retail prices" is to just ignore them. I don't think anybody has ever figured out just what they mean, except they always are really high.

Romelle

I actually used up all my 11 free bids to get a strip north.

ranging from 85 to 105.

I guess I need to wait till tomorrow for a bid? Then I will try a $120 bid once since that's my maximum and if that doesn't go well... I will go for strip south starting at $85 again.

You've got well over a month. If you really want Strip North, maybe you could put in bids ranging $85 to $120 in $3 increments every few days for a while. Then. if you still aren't successful when it gets quite a bit closer, switch to Strip South.

Romelle

How high do you want to bid, and how long do you want to continue to try for a 5* hotel in the North Strip, before trying for a 5* in the Strip South?

I do think you'll be successful in the Strip South zone at levels well under your current bids (if budget is a concern at all)

PLEASE use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding... please click this PRICELINE link before replying.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I looked at the rack rates for the usual 5* LV wins for your dates. The north strip ones are pretty much out of sight.

However, better news for the south strip. The Vdara was $109, the Aria $129, and the Cosmopolitan $190. Bidding there may be a little friendlier, and you can switch to direct booking if you get too close to the rack rates.

Romelle

hay romelle really thank you for much for your help buddy. I think i'll give it a try on the north starting from 110 to 125 tomorrow. If I still cannot get it, then I will bid for 80 to 100 for south strip since I think Vdara has better looking rooms than Trump.

Can I have your opinion please?

I wait for 24 hours....and I cant rebid?......why?

I've read of that with other people. Are you talking 24 hours from the very last thing you did, plus a minute or two just to be sure?

Sometimes there just is no explaining it.

About all you can do now is wait another full 24 hours and a minute or two.

Or, if you didn't bid the south strip yesterday, you could try that at some bids sufficiently low that you'd more happy with that win over the higher north strip bids you were planning to place.

Or maybe somebody else has a suggestion here???

Romelle

Has it been 24 hours since you started bidding OR was it 24 hours since your last bid which included the Strip North zone?

The last time you bid did you include all ELEVEN re-bid zones? (if not then you can probably re-bid immediately using one of the re-bid zones you didn't previously use) If you're not familiar with re-bidding please see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I bid it 24hours after I used all my 11zones rebid. i remembered I bid at 5:30pm yesterday, yet now it's 10:34pm of the following day and I still cannot bid....

seriously.....am I having bad luck or I am doing something wrong....?

I think what is happening is every time you try again it is resetting that 24 hour clock. I sometimes suggest to people that when they have lots of time until their trip they only bid every other day. It saves them from having to be so careful to clear the 24 hour mark. If you take tomorrow night off, you should be able to start any time the next day.

Sorry. I've saved tons of money via bidding (or sometimes stayed in lots nicer places than my budget would have allowed), but I certainly have said some bad words at the system from time to time.

Romelle

As suggested above i would give it 48 hours.

I bid it 24hours after I used all my 11zones rebid. i remembered I bid at 5:30pm yesterday, yet now it's 10:34pm of the following day and I still cannot bid....
Please remember to use the PRICELINE links on the board each time you access PRICELINE.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]