Priceline Hotel: 2* Waunakee Country Inn and Suites

oldmanbob
By oldmanbob,
in

Been searching for hotels in the East Madison area for last two weeks. Wanted at least a three star.

Unfortunately the WORLD DAIRY EXPO also is going on at the exact same dates we were visiting in Madison. Evidently this is THE expo to attend if you are a dairy farmer. Every hotel that had a room available wanted super high prices, and that was IF the hotel even had any rooms left. We are going to this area to visit inlaws... not the expo.

I found some better rated 2 stars a little further up the road in DeForest WI, but numerous bids over several days using several rebid zones were unsuccessful even with bids up to 71 each without success.. even for a Comfort Inn!

In desparation, after many nights without success, I relented and tried a bid for this 2.0* Country Inn And Suites Waunakee ... it is only about 7 miles from Madison airport so location is fine... it was just that some trip advisor reviews were not as complimentary. After having four bids rejected in Deforest, I logged immediately back on and tried a new search with Waunakee selected and entered $53, and it was accepted on the first bid. I was surprised it even allowed me to bid as I had used up all free rebids in the DeForest area which also listed Waunakee as one of its zones. I was caught offguard and dissapointed I had not started lower. The hotel web site offered the room on non refundable advance cost of 69 per night so i actually saved a few dollars. None the less, I got a room for two nights .

I did use the PRICELINE link from this website before starting every bidding session.

Moderator: This city is not listed at all in the Hotel listings by City. It is only 7 miles from Dane Airport in Madison and only 10 miles from downtown Madison. I beleive it is the only hotel used by Priceline in Waunakee. (well actually, town) If possible, please add to list.

2.0* Country Inn And Suites Waunakee

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $53.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Guests Per Room: 2

Number of Nights: 2

Room Subtotal: $106.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $20.10 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $126.10 (USD)

Thanks, Oldmanbob

Congratulations on your success!

While not your ideal location.. it beats staying with the in-laws :) . Given the tight demand glad to see you found something affordable which could work for your needs.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding and sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay and the time with your family.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]