Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Quincy Market-Faneuil Hall-Financial) Hyatt Financial

ericawatford
By ericawatford,
in

I need a room for one night on 9/2. I would normally book early considering it's a holiday weekend, but I understand that the better deals are found closer to the arrival date.

I am not familiar with the city at all, but after looking at the maps on Priceline, it seems like the ideal areas are Harborfront, Copley Square, and Quincy Market. The highest I am willing to go is around $150 for the night, before taxes... Are there any hints/tips/suggestions for booking? I understand the re-bidding process... I think my unfamiliarity of the city is making this a bit more difficult for me. Thank you for helping!

The most popular and centrally located zones in Boston are Copley Square and Quincy Market. I'd look at the PRICELINE map and confirm if either/both of these would work for your plans.

HOTWIRE has a 4.5* property in the Quincy Market zone which appears to be very highly rated for $148/nite, which is within your budget and perhaps of interest?

Let us know your thoughts regarding the PRICELINE zones above, or the HOTWIRE property, and how you'd like to proceed.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

... please click these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links before replying.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The more I talk to various people, it seems the best time to book labor day in Boston is ASAP. With all of the colleges, that is move in weekend and it can get a little hairy getting a hotel last minute. I plan on booking my room soon, once my GF can confirm she has off from work. Best of luck to you.

Hey guys,

I'll run over and post this on the other board as well, but I thought it was relevant to this discussion. I'm also going to be in Boston for Labor Day, and just won a Priceline bid for the Holiday Inn Beacon Hill (3*, Quincy/Financial District zone) for 9/1 and 9/2 for $130 a night, came out $310 total with the taxes and fees. I've been staying on this, bidding every day for about 2 weeks straight, and this is the only breakthrough. Rates have been rising on other travel sites, including Hotwire, so I felt the urge to act quickly. Not the fanciest hotel, but in a good location and will probably work for you if you if you're not looking for luxury.

I originally bid $120, moving up $5 a bid while dropping down from a 4* to 3.5* and eventually a 3* (I added a few throwaway zones in there during the rebidding process as well).

I figured this might help since its under your $150 budget. Literally just booked it about 2 hours ago.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]