Priceline Hotel: 3.5* DC (Arlington) Key Bridge Marriott

mcgrad09
By mcgrad09,
in

Got Key Bridge Marriott in Arlington, VA, for $61 for 3 nights beginning on a Sunday. Received on my fifth bid using following bid strategy. I wanted 3* or above and lowest price, preferably in Arlington, but Crystal City also okay.

Bid#1 Arlington 4* $51

#2 Arlington 3.5* $51

#3 Arlington 3* $51

#4 Arlington+Crystal City 4* $61

#5 Arlington+Crystal City 3.5* $61--Successful on fifth bid

Taxes and fees total was $34.29.

A question: On a successful bid, does Priceline always offer to "Add nights for the same rate," or only if my bid meets certain criteria? (What are the criteria, if known?) It offered that option this time, but I don't remember seeing that before when I've used Priceline. I saw mention in another BB thread that the "add nights" process does not guarantee that I'll receive the per-night rate of my original bid for the days of the extension. Based on others' past experiences, what might be an example of a different (higher) rate that you've paid for a hotel through this "add nights" process? (i.e. is there a pattern of being typically $15-20 more than your original bid, $50+ more than your bid, etc.)

Overall, I'm very happy with my result, but please advise if I could improve my strategy. Thanks for this service!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the results.

Regarding the 'add a nite' feature, the ability for PRICELINE to be able to fulfill your request is based upon hotel availability/rates. Let's say you win a hotel for 7/15 at $100, PRICELINE doesn't know in which direction you may want to extend your stay. They may have availability for 7/14 at $100 and availability for 7/16 at $150, so if you try to add 7/14 they'll extend the stay, but if you try to add 7/16 they'll come back saying no availability at the same price but give you the option to obtain the additional nite at $150. Also, keep in mind that PRICELINE may have NO availability for the nite of 7/16, in which case they'll simply state that they can't extend the stay.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Bid#1 Arlington 4* $51

#2 Arlington 3.5* $51

#3 Arlington 3* $51

#4 Arlington+Crystal City 4* $61

#5 Arlington+Crystal City 3.5* $61--Successful on fifth bid

How were you able to increase the star rating between bids #3 and #4? Did you wait 24 hours or are you automatically able to increase the star rating when you add a new zone?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]