Priceline Hotel: 4* San Juan - PR

telamm
By telamm,
in

Does bidding 4star in this zone pretty much guarantee you La Concha? We would just bid on the resort but there a couple of resorts on the list that disturb me a little bit, like the San Juan Hotel or the Conrad, some pretty disturbing reviews on those.

Thanks

Thomas

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I forgot all about the Charlotte post I made. Followed up. Still planning the Puerto Rico getaway! :)

Right now I have the Embassy Suites outside of town reserved for $1040 (refundable) for the week after taxes, but trying to decide what the best deal/place to be would be. I know the benefit to Embassy is the great breakfast, but I am not sure if Embassy is as nice as we want!

Does bidding 4star in this zone pretty much guarantee you La Concha?

Hardly... the star rating you select is the minimum you're willing to accept, so your 4* bid could be upgraded to a Resort class property.

If there are Resort property you're hoping to avoid HOTWIRE would likely be a better option for you for this stay assuming you can 'safely' identify the property beforehand OR at least ensure it's not a property you're trying to avoid.

Your topic title lists your dates as 12/18-12/15, can you please confirm your dates with the board and let us know your maximum budget (per nite before fees and taxes) and we'll try to take a look at some of your options.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry I meant it is 12/18-12/25. My budget is somewhat flexible. I would say it would have to be less than our current reservation at the Embassy Suites (Dorado) for $1040 after tax (so ~150/nt after tax). After looking at some of the reviews the San Juan (Waldorf) would be a place to avoid, other than that I would be comfortable winning any of the others (especially the Conrad, we get a guaranteed upgrade because of our Hilton HHonors status).

How about what i'm guessing to be the Conrad Condado Plaza for $123/nite? Also, while more than your Embassy Suites reservation, i'll also mention what i believe to be the InternContinental for $141/nite.

Thoughts on these?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Either one would probably be okay. The Intercontinental would be nice, but I don't know if it's worth the extra $$. The free breakfast and everything is a big perk at Embassy. The Conrad could be hit or miss. I think that with the perks of having my gold hhonors membership and also having hertz in the hotel is nice (im a hertz gold member, too). Has anyone remarked about the location of the Conrad?

I'm trying to decide too if I actually want to be IN San Juan. There's no doubt we are going to be doing some driving around the island, so I am trying to decide if it is more of a hassle to drive IN to San Juan a couple of days or driving OUT of San Juan every day.

...so I am trying to decide if it is more of a hassle to drive IN to San Juan a couple of days or driving OUT of San Juan every day.

I think it depends upon your personality, as well as the deals that can be had inside/outside of the city. I'm more of a city person so i prefer a city hotel where i can easily walk to restaurants, bars, shops, snack food places, etc. all nearby the hotel. One issue with staying outside of the city is dealing with parking once you arrive in the city.

Let us know once you decide and are ready to move forward and we'll try to assist further.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]